Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Article on the new Triumph TE1 electric bike. Awesome specs, 175hp, 0-60 in 3.2. Not impressed with it's 485 weight. 100mile range in city, less on highway due to regenerative system.80% charge in 20 minutes. Liked most everything about it till I got to the estimated price tag of $20K. I like that they compared it to the HD, which apparently are still building tractor performance into their bikes. The HD was slower to charge, less mileage, heavier, $22K, and less HP.

This headline caught my eye. Some areas of Nigeria have a shoot to kill order for any motorcycles in the area. Terrorist season is open.

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
Interesting they talk about regenerative braking in an article about an E motorcycle fitted with dual brembo's up front, the only thing those brakes are going to output is heat.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Article on the new Triumph TE1 electric bike. Awesome specs, 175hp, 0-60 in 3.2. Not impressed with it's 485 weight. 100mile range in city, less on highway due to regenerative system.80% charge in 20 minutes. Liked most everything about it till I got to the estimated price tag of $20K. I like that they compared it to the HD, which apparently are still building tractor performance into their bikes. The HD was slower to charge, less mileage, heavier, $22K, and less HP.

This headline caught my eye. Some areas of Nigeria have a shoot to kill order for any motorcycles in the area. Terrorist season is open.

$20??? Why such a high price? Apparently, the oil industry is still against a massive switch to electric motors.
I think one day the price will be much lower. Or because of inflation the price will become normal 😀

1 - 4 of 4 Posts