Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, thought id share my build
73 Honda 125 frame, Cagiva Mito front end, Honda Cb175E K6 twin on home brew brackets, KX550 piston Cb 200 liners, Kawazaki Z1 cam tensioner, Mikuni VM26 carbs on home brew manifolds, rear Honda CBR126 swing arm, Aprilia Rs50 mono shock, CBR126 rear break, Derbi Senda wheels, Morad hubs, CB 200 tank and home brew seat pan. Hoping to run on UK daylight license and just ride in the sun.
Value your thoughts, still a lot to do before i tear down, rear sets, exhaust and final drive train setup, then electrics.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
That air trumpet looks like a sewer pipe for a 125.
Forks aesthetically look like complete overkill.

Doesn’t look like a newbie build, some solid work there...

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
That tank doesn't really work, the shape in your rendering suits it better. Maybe a honda cm tank.

The Mito front end is from a 125? I don't know if that era of Cagiva were imported to Canada.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update, dropped the front end, not happy with it, gone for Aprilia RS1245. big 320mm NG disc, new wheels. tyres and cogs/discs and rear caliper now working, awaiting my spun inlet trumpets and rearsets from Motobits. its getting nearer to where i want it for sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,221 Posts
I see a problem :| your chain is going to chainsaw through your swingarm, your countershaft sprocket is miles away from the swingarm pivot point and that swingarm angle plus movement is going to make your bike pogo stick, you have a serious rear geometry chain routing issue there, it needs a straighter pull.
- lower pivot point, change position of motor, alter suspension linkage(oops) you left out the linkage.

wtf did you use a linkage suspension swingarm and turn it upside down to make it a no linkage monoshock :| that ain't gonna work so good.

·
Registered
6,221 Posts
and um, your rear suspension when you hit a bump :/ it has the potential to change gears, you welded your pegs to a moving thing, that ain't gonna fly either.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Omg... what a fookin’ disaster.
This thing will be sitting on display in a coffee shop never to be ridden or at the back of a garage forgotten...

Thanks for the entertainment value, though...
Saved a pic to use as an example of everything done wrong for the sake of a look.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I don't know what is required in motorcycle engineering for a "daylight licence". I would be very surprised if one of the great engineering countries of the world would allow that on public roads as designed. Mounting the foot controls on on the swingarm? Have you ever seen a motorcycle like that?
Beyond that,he swing arm is going to make the bikes skinny backbone scream Uncle very quickly. You were trying to shorten the forks? The geometry already looks like the arse will arrive before the front.

This doesn't/isn't going to work.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I believe the CB100 may have had swingarm mounted pegs

·
Banned
258 Posts
The cb100 had passenger pegs on the swing arm.
Mouning the rearset there with all the associated controls is a different matter though.
Seen some drag bikes with this set up.
A bit weird for a street bike to say the least

·
Registered
6,221 Posts
If he really needs to make the shifter mechanism move and add all that unsprung weight, then cables will need to replace the shift rods, that or hydraulic hoses :| any fixed rod that does not share the same points of rotation about their axis as the swingarm is going to make the thing shift gears on bumps, that's basic geometry.

Yes, cheap little motorcycles sometimes connect the passenger pegs to the swingarm because it is cheap and easy. If you ever rode pillion on one then you know from first hand riding experience, that peg setup totally sucks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts