Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fella's. I've been a long time lurker here and I've learned a crap ton of info from your posts. I've got a 69 cb350 that I've been working on this past winter and now I'm getting to the end where I might just get to ride the damn thing again. Just a couple quick questions:
This is going to be a street bike so does anybody know of a good set of dunstall type mufflers that would give me decent hp figures and not set the car alarms off a few blocks away.
And does anybody have a recommendation for a good cable to use with the mikuni carbs (no I don't want to make my own...I wish I could but I have to justify the expense to the wife)

Thanks in advance and I'll try to get some pics.

Mc

·
Registered
41 Posts
i have seen dunstall style mufflers that dont have much restriction on dennis kirk, but i havent used them so i couldnt tell you how they are performance wise

·
Registered
41 Posts
i have seen dunstall style mufflers that dont have much restriction on dennis kirk, but i havent used them so i couldnt tell you how they are performance wise

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heres a couple pics when I first got it and then at the end of last summer.

It won't look like that again this summer.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heres a couple pics when I first got it and then at the end of last summer.

It won't look like that again this summer.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
www.pro-flo.com has the cable you need, and there are probably some other sources, including ebay. Many choices for mufflers, from JC Whitless, ebay, www.omarsdt.com, to some of the links on the header.

Good luck, and welcome.

FR

Edited by - FR on Mar 18 2007 10:22:39 AM

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
www.pro-flo.com has the cable you need, and there are probably some other sources, including ebay. Many choices for mufflers, from JC Whitless, ebay, www.omarsdt.com, to some of the links on the header.

Good luck, and welcome.

FR

Edited by - FR on Mar 18 2007 10:22:39 AM

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
stay away from pro-flo.

they suck now. i used to buy a bit from them and the last order i placed i had to have my bank reverse the payment because they never delivered, returned my calls, or my emails. i dont know what they are doing down there, but its a bunch of bullshit.

aaron, send my wheel.

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
stay away from pro-flo.

they suck now. i used to buy a bit from them and the last order i placed i had to have my bank reverse the payment because they never delivered, returned my calls, or my emails. i dont know what they are doing down there, but its a bunch of bullshit.

aaron, send my wheel.

jc

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Sorry to hear about pro-flo. They seemed like a good source for awhile.
But if they screwed you, screw em. There's always somebody else.

FR

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Sorry to hear about pro-flo. They seemed like a good source for awhile.
But if they screwed you, screw em. There's always somebody else.

FR

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
i thought bret from 'glass from the past' used to carry repop dunstall mufflers on his site a few years back. if so, bret "where you at?"

texy

p.s.- google him!

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Hey Aaron,
How come you won't send Joe his wheel? Maybe he is a pussy like Texy said and dousn't deserve his wheel? What kind of wheel is it? Maybe I can get it, I could trade some clubman bars for it!!!
Maybe its just you? We could boycott you like we are Pro-flo?
I don't really know anything and don't have anything to contribute, I'm just bored.
Ken

AHRMA 412
Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

1 - 20 of 20 Posts