Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, found your site by accident whilst researching tyre sizes and found a thread where you all ripped fuck out of some poor deluded biker who never came back!

I’m a long time biker from the UK who has spent 20 odd years plus on litre sports bikes with the odd 600 thrown in when in between rides. I’m on a fair few forums as most years I try and pick up the odd project to restore and end up on the single make forums looking for standard bits.

Currently own a 2018 MT-10 and have recently picked up a 99 ER-5 (it’s in my avatar) which I’m going to chop up and try to make a passable impression of a ton up machine (without much chance it’ll see the far side of a ton).

C’mon then, let the piss taking commence! ?

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Hi guys, found your site by accident whilst researching tyre sizes and found a thread where you all ripped fuck out of some poor deluded biker who never came back!
There's been some epic ones in the past. In fact so many it's hard to remember them all but things like "go fuck your mother and make a sister" or "filibertos behind the building burrito fucker" seems to stick out in my head. And the characters of the past...wow! Soyboysigh would post pages and pages of stuff...I mean 3 posts from him had more words in it than an average persons posts in a lifetime. And TS185?!? He would start a thread and have like 30 posts with one poster...him......talking drugs, expansion chambers, phyciatry, space and fruit loops. Then there were the rebel rousers....the know it alls....the sick fucks...just everything.

But this place now suffers from low T. It's almost a ghost town now with sometimes a post or 2 in a day or 2. All the tumble weeds and the dumb Harley Electra Glide posts makes me miss the ruffians like Whitworth or Dohc. Where's Jag and Geeto? Did hillsy fall off the planet? Are they in diversity/sensitivity training classes? I miss kenessex talking about whatever. Dirk? Chief86? Whatever.

I bet if you dangled a CM400 with a monoshock abortion with a Ford 8N tractor seat no one (if there is anyone even listening) would even put down the latte and doritos to tell you to go kick yourself in the nuts...go fuck yourself.....and go to DTT.

With all that said I still don't think the cafe seen is dead...it's just not going gangbusters as it once was.

Let's see some picks of your bike....the wife gave me a sample of nugenix...let's see if it works.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha, love it. The problem these days is the young crowd haven’t got a clue and get butt hurt over the most minor slight! I love the term snowflake and it genuinely applies!

My usual project is a rolling resto or just something to keep my hand in and get some mileage and use before selling to make a few quid or even to break even. This one will no doubt be no different except for the fact it isn’t staying standard. Who knows I may actually become attached and keep the fucker.

I’ve literally got 1 pic of the bike just after putting it in the garage before going offshore for new year and I’ve since been busy ordering tat on the WWW to fit to it and some 2mm wall ERW 7/8” tube to modify the frame. The other pic is of my baby, you know, the ugly one! I love it lol. Doubt either of them will give you wood though! Who knows? ?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Just found out the first minor issue then, smilies on your phone don't transfer across to the website page but do on the mobile page!
Oh I thought you sneezed!

... you riding there today?
Looks like fun outside, got about an inch of fresh powder snow here last night and it's only minus 4 so not too cold to ride the soft compounds today :cool:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not riding anywhere just now, sitting in my room on an offshore oil rig waiting for tomorrows chopper! One more night shift left!

I live in the uk and being a fair-weather rider sees my bikes out of action from Nov till around Feb except for dry cold days providing they haven't been salting the roads!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts