Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Meh, there is zero to fear with the CB450 valves.
Its like saying that you should not buy a Ducati because of how the Desmo works....

I think that the CB450 is the best Honda twin.

Miss mine a lot.
Holy that's in nice shape, I haven't seen one in that condition since 1974 !

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Jag, you've posted this a few times and i was curious as to how much money is in this bike, roughly? Its fucking sexy.
I know the person that used to own that bike. I dont know much about the history though. It is an amazing collection of rare parts.
The bike was sold once or twice in the last few years. Thought at one point it was listed near $30k. But I think it traded hands about half that. But please dont quote me as I dont really remember.
If one was going to try and recreate it I would say that it would take WAY more time, connections and knowledge to do then money. What I mean is that even if you had an bottomless pit of money and just started spending it would be hard to build.

Thanks Jag! Hey, I forgot to ask, I like the fourth bike down in your string of Hondas that you posted recently. I know I shouldn't say style so I'll say it has the kind of it factor I'm drawn to. All the bikes you guys have suggested look like good performers but again, I wouldn't know personally because I've never seen any of them let alone ridden any. I'm thinking I'd like to find a cafe racer meet somewhere and make the journey to go see all the bikes in person and talk with the owners. Do you guys know of anything like that anywhere upcoming?
That bike was built by a person on the west coast. He goes by Tweakin on the SOHC4 forum. Has built a few epic bikes. Crazy detailed. Of the bikes posted that one has the most effort into a "look" but it really is a performance bike. There is a lot of small details that add to the function on that bike.

Holy that's in nice shape, I haven't seen one in that condition since 1974 !
I started with a crazy clean base.
Was a great bike.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
It is fairly simple. Well at least what we are interested in.
Get a bike that actually has some inherent performance. Maybe something that was raced in period. Then make functional improvements to the bike.
Almost no focus on looks, style or any of that
Yes........but do not make the mortal sin of taking a good original example of whatever and chopping it up.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts