Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all- its Jen Ross, I heard there was a lot of smack being talked about me here so I decided to come and defend myself- haha jk. I'm glad to be in my second season racing with you all, and appreciate all the help and advice you weathered veterans volunteer to me- it really helps, never hesitate to give me a pointer or two! As if I don't have a hard enough time remembering everyone's names, now I've gotta learn your SNs here too...geez... :) Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I have advice for you slow down on the straights, and stop passing me in 3.
i told them when they BBGed me that they better keep and eye on you, and now evil knows what i was talking about,

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Hey Jen,

Where did you get those front fenders?

So I guess I got bbg'd too. Heck, I nearly got BBE (beaten by everyone).

Jack #288

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hey Jen!

You were rocking this weekend. Definitely getting your confidence up on the bike. I watched you through 3 and 10 and could tell you were getting faster and faster. Watch out boys. More and more of your are going to be BBGed!!

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I'm glad someone explained to me what BBG'd meant.
I thought it was one of those adult personal ad shortcuts, now I know better.
And am a little disappointed

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
jen-

welcome. i think we were lined up beside each other on the grid a few times this weekend. i've meant to come by and say hello a few times and will make it a point next time out. blue hondas are always the fastest. nice work this weekend.

oh, and jack and rich, it was a hoot to have you guys around.

-tt

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
ah, grasshopper . . . you have found enlightenment here at the caferacer board . . . . It's the best time around the races, and kinda boring (unless you are into clubmans and irritate Geeto alot) so have fun and post often. And Don't move up to a Supervintage bike!! If you ever want to ride the red MT, let me know.

And just so TEX doesn't have to say it, didja fill out your bio?

(Tex is one racer you have to meet to believe . . . . or is that NOT to meet?)

evile . . . BBaW !

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
jen,

don't post pictures of yourself next to your honda whatever you do.......

this place is teeming with perverts.

welcome.

tex

p.s. - evil is the head pervert...guaranteed he isn't wearing any pants right now.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha you guys are funny. Thanks for the warm welcome. Afraid my bio is pretty damn short- I've only been around for 23 years so I don't have anything too profound to say hah. Question: how many of you guys put a knee down? Is it a good idea on these older bikes?

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
two cents. it depends. has nothing to do with whether or not it is an older bike. has to do with how far you are comfortable getting your butt off the seat and needing to know what your bike angle is at. I've heard that it tells you how far leaned over you are, and at times, you are actually supporting the bike with your knee. With your butt off, you are changing the center of gravity on the bike, allowing the bike to be more upright and there fore being able to go faster through corners. (You go fast on the straight, right?)

But the next time you go to a track day or practice, get Frank C. to go around with you. He is bolt upright the entire time and can go through corners as fast as anyone. (But he's had cancer)

Then follow Carl 101 Expert. He'll be dragging a knee at every opportunity.

To answer your question, though, how many of us do, just look at the knee pucks. For most of us they are just added weight.

23? As Tex stated, DO NOT post a photo of you and your bike. haha

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Also, if you go to the photos that JAM614 posted, and go through to almost the end, there are several shots of Rabbie going through T3 (orangeish dirty leathers) and almost getting a knee down. Right behind him is big ole Flach, straight up and almost at the same angle. Flach has his butt on the seat, Rabbie is off. Check them out. Lots to see there and learn from.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
uumm...I think 6th?? Not sure. My dad beat me!!! grrrrr!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
uumm...I think 6th?? Not sure. My dad beat me!!! grrrrr!!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts