Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all new member here, i have been having a play with my 1st cafe/brat style bike build and learning as i go with it.

Based on a CM200T model.

here's some before and after pics.

I would like some advice or ideas on number plate mounting and size??

Thanks

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Competition number plate colour, size and plate location is outlined in your clubs competition rule book. The colour of the numbers and background is dependent on the rider class and competition type. Single digit number plates are generally reserved for the champions in top expert or pro class only.

But I'm guessing you really don't want to race that bike and just looking to affix number plates on it for looks only, so anything goes.

111 in Black is a real cheap and easy number to apply because you can throw it on there fast using electric tape, looks good on yellow background which would contrast nicely with your brown saddle and military drab green tank. The only one who might be upset with you using that number and plate is the rider who officially competes with a black on yellow #111

Is your bike street legal? It wouldn't pass inspection here for either street or track use. At the very least you should do something about routing that over-length front brake cable, hook that on anything with a decent working brake and you might find out what it's like to rag doll over the handlebars.

,,, next time you wrap headers, start at the muffler end, that way it won't be like putting the scales on a fish backwards ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts