Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
553 Posts
Yea they announced it at the LRRS banquet that we wouldn't be able to use anything except the gas they sell at the track and the gas at the station down the street. 2-strokes are exempt. Not sure how they plan to regulate it, but there it is.
We ran pump gas in the R6 last year anyway, so it's not that big a deal for us. But, I do think people will cheat, and I do not know how they plan to regulate it. I predict a lot of, "oh, i'm just holding it for my 2-stroke buddy".

Z

Edited by - paced_haste on Feb 05 2007 7:30:59 PM

· Registered
553 Posts
Yea they announced it at the LRRS banquet that we wouldn't be able to use anything except the gas they sell at the track and the gas at the station down the street. 2-strokes are exempt. Not sure how they plan to regulate it, but there it is.
We ran pump gas in the R6 last year anyway, so it's not that big a deal for us. But, I do think people will cheat, and I do not know how they plan to regulate it. I predict a lot of, "oh, i'm just holding it for my 2-stroke buddy".

Z

Edited by - paced_haste on Feb 05 2007 7:30:59 PM

· Registered
553 Posts
Holy crap, guys. Focus. Nobody's running diesel at NHIS. 'Cept maybe Charlie cole in that Guzzi.

They could dye the stuff they sell at the track, but the 93 pump gas from down the road is going to be legal too. I doubt the station down the street will be okay with dying their entire stash of 93. Although, they might be okay with it if there is potential of so much business.

Z

· Registered
553 Posts
Holy crap, guys. Focus. Nobody's running diesel at NHIS. 'Cept maybe Charlie cole in that Guzzi.

They could dye the stuff they sell at the track, but the 93 pump gas from down the road is going to be legal too. I doubt the station down the street will be okay with dying their entire stash of 93. Although, they might be okay with it if there is potential of so much business.

Z

· Registered
553 Posts
quote:
zack man
they don't just sell 93 down the street but they're selling cam 2 too. but two strokes are exempt i hear. how's your dad's shoulder these days...looking forward to seeing him in the 250 mix this year.
parks
Yea, I think the Cam-2 will be illegal too. Not sure though. 2-smokes are indeed exempt.

Timco's shoulder is pretty good I think. He hasn't complained about it when I've talked to him, but then, he tends to be rather stoic. Anyway, last I heard it was going pretty well. I hope he makes it to the track this year. Usually around Christmas time every year he says stuff like, "ehhh, i think i'll take it easy next year". But when spring rolls around he tends to get the racing bug.

Back to the fuel thing. I'm interested more than anything to see how they regulate it.

Z

· Registered
553 Posts
quote:
zack man
they don't just sell 93 down the street but they're selling cam 2 too. but two strokes are exempt i hear. how's your dad's shoulder these days...looking forward to seeing him in the 250 mix this year.
parks
Yea, I think the Cam-2 will be illegal too. Not sure though. 2-smokes are indeed exempt.

Timco's shoulder is pretty good I think. He hasn't complained about it when I've talked to him, but then, he tends to be rather stoic. Anyway, last I heard it was going pretty well. I hope he makes it to the track this year. Usually around Christmas time every year he says stuff like, "ehhh, i think i'll take it easy next year". But when spring rolls around he tends to get the racing bug.

Back to the fuel thing. I'm interested more than anything to see how they regulate it.

Z

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.