Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone hear about talks of a pending sale of NHIS? Whats the scuttlebutt?

When are we going to hear about the track in eastern Conn again. That would be great to have a couplee more races on the schedule for next season. Two day events prefered.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I heard about this recently.
Didn't register until I heard the rumor...but during the first race of the year I'm out on a "authorized personel only" road close to the front straight and I see one suit, showing another couple of suits around. Pointing things out, gesticulating, discussing.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
i dont know how much of this is actually true, or rumored. but i have heard alot of things on tv and the radio. and maybe you all know this stuff too. or have heard it. the company that ownes DIS also ownes nascar. they also own the moto st endurance series, which is based out of DIS. they also own the company that ,if youve ever been to a nascar race, owns the rights to all of the die casts, shirts, flags, banners etc that look like team things. there is a very good chance, that if youre a fan and you go to a race, youre going to pay for a ticket, to get into thier venue, youre going to buy food, which they own, and youre going to buy some shit from one of those trailers in the parking lot. that crap looks like dale jrs shit, but its actually owned by the company that owns everything else. i have heard that tony stewart is the only guy who markets his own stuff in that respect. (i think its called smokin joe or something like that.)so to think that they would be interested in making an offer to pick up the only track in the northeast would probably be a great business move. at the same rate, its why one of the reasons im not so into nascar. i think alot of it nicely masked to take advantage of thier consumers. i mean, how would you feel if you went to nhis for a weekend motorcycle race, for the uscra, bought a shirt for 15 bucks, then realized it went to nhis and not the club. i get the same feeling. i mean, obviously, the teams are cool with this, and they get some kind of a %, but its kinda sleezy as its obvious there is something in place to prevent you as a team owner or driver to market your own crap. hopefully, the sale, if it was to go through, wont have too much of an effect on the uscra. but id imagine it would. as well as lrrs possibly. something to really think about as a club. i know the big schedule is out for the major events already for next year. little events like the vc could be at risk id imagine though. which would be a shame. i dont know that theyd lose the fim/bike week events though. especially with the rumors of the ama tryign to go back there.

blah blah

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
yes' the frances are majority owners of isc. which owns dis, the moto st thing, probably one of the organizations that runs the big endurance car races at daytona, as well as the marketing aspect of nascar. i guess my point is, i dont know that it would be them who is interested, but it would make sense to some extent. and personally, i dont like the fact that it seems they take advantage of the fans. yeah, the tickets are cheap, but they get you with everything else. you think youre going out to the parking lot to buy a shirt, or jacket, or whatever the fuck else, but the money is really going right back into the suites at the track. it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth that i always thought they were seperate until a few years ago. isc ownes california, chicago, darlington, daytona, homestead, kansas, martinsville, michegan, pheonix, richmond, telledega, and watkins. those are some huge events. and think of all of the added events other than nascar that runs at some of those places. they really do get you coming and going. its actually brilliant business. with all the corporate backing, there pretty much isnt anyone who will touch them.

jc

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Wonder how a sale might effect us?

Really can't get much worse without just throwing us out.
So maybe it will get better.
Wonder how Jerry Wood might deal with new owners....he's kinda got the big fish in a small pond thing right now.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
well, i think some things it has going for it are the fact its small. it cant draw big hp cars like watkins or miami. also, how about the fact that a company like isc could have more push with the neighbors. or, how about this, "fuck you. were a multi bizzilion dollar corporation who can buy your politicians anyway we want, so if we decide to build a new track, we'll do it any damned place we please". which could work in the clubs favor too. its long been known the nascar boys dont like that track. so how about expanding it? or, how about they are just investors they want to blow to get some more $$$ for something else. i guess it could go on and on. my guess is the club wouldnt get much of a heads up. unless they were to be included in anything positive. in other words, "oh yeah about your schedule next year, well ahh....you have none" if it was to trade hands, it'll be fun to watch the action.

in the mean time....come to summit! until then, all of us down south will have to wait for the great deals on your useless race bikes.

doh.

hey....make sure to keep posted on any developments.

j

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
"oh yeah about your schedule next year, well ahh....you have none"

Hehe....I can see that happening no problem.

JohnnyB

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
i of course wouldnt wish that on any of you. wouldnt that suck?? but yes, i could see it happening. a new front office maybe be less understanding of the the relationship. a new front office might not care initially. you could probably be sure that there are clubs who wont do business with the new owners, and they would probably bring in thier own events too. i s'pose it could also be some huge media company, or bank, or who knows. i kind of like the ring of "citizens bank international raceway" though. kinda like gillette field.

jc

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
i'll start the bidding on all of champ's useless bikes for $100.00.

on johnny b's i'll start at $250.00.

and arron's i'll go $35.00.

texy

BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHA ALL OF YOUR USELESS BIKES ARE MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-still funny!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Save it Tex. We're all building our own tracks!
Dirt anyways. My back yard track is coming along nicely.

Jeff

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
CRAIG, ARE YOU SAYING THE USCRA HAS SECURED A DATE AT WATKINS GLEN?? THIS IS GREAT NEWS!

ILL BE SURE TO POST OVER AT THE WERA AND AHRMA BOARDS.

i knew somene would break champ. was it nipple clamps? bamboo under the nails? chinese water torture? electricution? having dogs attack you while youre nude? naked pyramids??

hehehe!

anyway....heres a hint.

as transpired at the big apple in june one evening.

"hey, cool shirt, have you been to watkins?

yeah, i work there. are you up for the races?

yeah, we're here for the bike races this weekend.

oh, my father is racing this weekend what kind of bike do you have?

ah, a cb350.

so does my father.

well, who's your dad, maybe i know him?

his names craig hirko"

Edited by - joe c on Sep 13 2007 7:45:49 PM

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
i don't know anything about the future.
i do know a little about a past vintage event at the glen many moons ago (20 years?) as i was there. the "esses" had scary armco then and still do now. if the armco goes, many possibilities become possible. (not to be redundant). the armco was erected many many moons ago due to conditions which remain today. inspite of powerful (F1) pressures over the years to come up with a solution, the armco is is as rigidly anchored as ever. talk is cheap. fixing the glen isn't.
parks

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
i was kidding, im about 99% sure it wont be a vintage event. 2010...thats a long time away!

jc

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Watkins Glen? some random track in Ct? where ever... let's DO this. Another track on the sched would be amazing. I don't care where, I'll be there. The rumors just drive the point home even more, no-one wants to get stuck as a one track club with all our eggs in one basket.

What bikes will be 'vintage/ classic' in 2010?

BORN TO LURK, FORCED TO WORK.
www.NYCvinMoto.com
www.VinMoto.org

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
What bikes will be 'vintage/ classic' in 2010?
Any bike Champ rode...? Now if that bit of ass kissin' doesn't get me on the goodside again, I don't know what will and frankly I don't give a damn!

Yeller'
---
Ask not what the wanker can do for you, but what you can do for your wanker!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts