Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son, and his family, are flying in from Indiana on the 14th to stay with us for a week. I'm thinking about he, and I going on Sunday the 15th, strictly as spec taters. :) When I used to race my RD, back in the mid, to late 80's, he'd come along too. He was just a little fart then. Thought it'd be a cool thing to do on Father's Day. Lived in NH since '06, but never been to NHMS. Will we be able to walk through the pit area? We'd both enjoy looking at the machinery as much as watching the races.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
You'll have access to everything except the track surface. There's also supposed to be a cafe racer show going on if you're in to that sort of thing.

·
Registered
840 Posts
FYI: just incase your old RD is still running...
I'll be there with my "family" RD. I'm the 3rd of 4 brothers to race it. #944 Aluminum tank red frame old TZ seat.

For those of you who want to get on the 1.6 mile road race track at Loudon. The USCRA we will be holding a race school. Classroom portion on Friday night June 13th in the Media Center at 8pm. Track portion Saturday the 14th morning 7:30 am
We race both Saturday and Sunday!! so if you have a vintage bike go read the rule book and get it ready! See Race USCRA or the Facebook page

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FYI: just incase your old RD is still running...
I'll be there with my "family" RD. I'm the 3rd of 4 brothers to race it. #944 Aluminum tank red frame old TZ seat.
I don't still have the RD, but it's still in the family. My son, who lives in Indiana, has it now. Best of luck on the track! Maybe we'll see you there.

·
Registered
893 Posts
The little bleacher stands between turns 1 and 2 are a great place to watch, especially sidecars.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
I've always liked watching the sidecars from the outside of turn 6. The fast guys are sliding sideways through that turn.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
USCRA events are great for spectators. As Craig said, you have full access to everything the racers do, except being out on the track. Being "bike week" there will be a lot more spectators around than the usual 20, but even with that you will not have to worry about a great seat in the bleachers or wait in line for the bathroom. Lots to see in the pits.

Admission is $20 per person (may cover both days). Pay and get the wrist band in the building up by the gate where you used to register to race.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Anyone racing a CB160? I'll be doing the race school and Rookie Race on Saturday. The first race Sunday is the formula 160. I sure hope I'm not the only one on the grip for F160. The last event I think I saw two CB160s there. Hoping for someone to school me out there so I can get better.

Kevin

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Get a classic 50! I need someone to play with.

Steve decamp and jerimah run f160. They are fast. Sometimes a couple others. Ray turned his into a gp200 bike.

Jack
288 uscra

- - - Updated - - -

Steve decamp and jerimah run f160. They are fast. Sometimes a couple others. Ray turned his into a gp200 bike.

Jack
288 uscra

·
Registered
123 Posts

Jack
288 uscra

- - - Updated - - -

Jack
288 uscra

Good to know that I am going to get schooled by some OGs. I just hope my bike is ready.

Kev

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Kev,

Best thing you could do for seat time would be to get another guy or two and sign up for this weekends endurance race. It is a cheap way to be on the tack for quite a bit of time. You would have to have a scorer--that is what wives/girlfriends are for....

Jack

·
Registered
123 Posts
Kev,

Best thing you could do for seat time would be to get another guy or two and sign up for this weekends endurance race. It is a cheap way to be on the tack for quite a bit of time. You would have to have a scorer--that is what wives/girlfriends are for....

Jack
Hi Jack.

Your Kung Fu is good. I doubt I could put a team together in time. Plus, on a 160.....

Kev

·
Registered
840 Posts
Kev.
To finish... 1st 1st you must finish.. 160 would be a great endurance ride, other will drop out and the little Honda will meet the nicest people on the podium.
:)

Tony

USCRA #944

·
Registered
123 Posts
Kev.
To finish... 1st 1st you must finish.. 160 would be a great endurance ride, other will drop out and the little Honda will meet the nicest people on the podium.
:)

Tony

USCRA #944
Hi Tony

I am the nicest people.... or so my mom says. So what do you guys say? Tony & Jack - want to join me for the endurance race? I cannot promise she will hold up. This is the first bike in a box I've ever resurrected. Also, the first motor (of two) I've built solo.

Kev

·
Registered
840 Posts
I'm already signed up for 3 classes....I'd be toast but I do appreciate the offer!
Peter Booth is looking for a ride. i'll pm you his e-mail adress

·
Registered
123 Posts
You guys should take Kevin up on the ride. A 160 would be a blast in the endurance.

I sent Kevin some parts last winter. I bet the motor will be fast and bulletproof.
Heh....

I ended up not using the intakes. I have to stay stock to run in F160... Plus, my wrenching skills are suspect. Thanks fo rthe vote of confidence though... Hopefully you will join us next season.

Kev

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Kev,

I am interested. Thank you for the invite.

With 3 guys it would be a little over $80 each, 4 only about $63. Would need a pop up and gas can plus a fire extinguisher.' None of which I can bring since I am going on a little vacation right after the races.

Peter Booth was on a team with me and Midge using my bike one year. He is a good guy.

I am pretty slow. Really. If Tony Foale isn't on a team he would be a good "ringer" to get.

We would also need one or two scorers. My wife is doing results, and she has scored my endurance teams a few times. Best with two so one can run to the bathroom-- 3 hours is long time to sit.

I will check with her when she comes in tonight.

With 4 guys we set it up each did 10 laps then switched. One guy usually only got a few laps the second time- I am ok with being that guy. But, if it is a close race the pits can kill you.

Last endurance race I did, Peter Girard went out first, did his 10, pitted out and stopped at the stop box and the motor seized up tight. Ended up the oil pump cam on the clutch had worn out, no oil to the top end seized the cam.......... I had Ray Bennett redo the motor, but have not even started it since--wanna buy a nice FCB bike?

You can email me at jackcole13820 at yahoo if you like. Oh, by the way, if the bike blows up I can't afford to fix it... My rule when we used my bike was if it is mechanical, my problem, if you crash and break it, your problem. I have a CB160 beater to swap out if I have an issue on the track.

Jack

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Oh, Kev, just thought of this. You might want to make sure you can cancel for the endurance race. If you have trouble and fall off in the rookie race, no license for you. Happened at the last event.

Have everything set, be sure you can withdraw and get the money back if you are unlucky.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts