Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been nearly a week and the only mention of Lux Interior dying was on the Mojo Nixon radio show.
truly sad day

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
rolling stone magazine mentioned it and there was a post on here earlier, something about how a bit more rock and roll died. certainly will be missed, i never even saw the cramps live. bummer.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
rolling stone magazine mentioned it and there was a post on here earlier, something about how a bit more rock and roll died. certainly will be missed, i never even saw the cramps live. bummer.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
there was a wera thread.

seems i havnt been able to turn around and not see or hear about it.

saw them on halloween, about 1989.

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
there was a wera thread.

seems i havnt been able to turn around and not see or hear about it.

saw them on halloween, about 1989.

jc

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it's XM12 , I don't know the Sirius number.
Hard to believe he was 62 years old too.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it's XM12 , I don't know the Sirius number.
Hard to believe he was 62 years old too.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I don't know why I looked for the video but found it on youtube. Usually crash vids don't do anything but that one really bothered me. Rip dude.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
It's been odd to me the places I've seen this talked about, the huge influence they had.

A few Cramps songs are staples of mine, but never considered myself "into" them.

Then I think about that I can remember the circumstances when I heard my first Cramps song, in high school 1987. And that "bad music for bad people" is a phrase I use almost daily. Probably had more influence on me than I even realize.

It sucks to be getting to a point where your heroes die, not from drugs or accidents, but because they're getting old.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Pinche you talking about the Jeremy Lusk crash. Yes that is a sad thing but this is about Lux Interior the frontman of The Cramps. Both are saddening things to hear about especially since Lusk was still pretty young.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
quote: For me the day that the music died was when Gary Glitter went to prison.
JohnnyB- Patriots touchdowns at Foxboro have never been as good since they stopped using that song

I remember coming home from a bicycle race once, stuck in traffic on 93 outside Concord NH, and I think it was "Let's get F****d up" was playing in my vanagon. It was really hot out so all the more amusing when the lady in the car next to me rolled up her windows.
She wasn't feeling it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts