Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings folks. I've been lurking here for a while now and finally registered. My name is Derrick, and I live in central Pa. I've always fancied cruisers, specificaly H-D's and Brittish makes, but within the last year or so have fallen in love with the styling of the vintage cafe bikes. My background? Mostly wrenchin on mine & my family's stuff just to keep it goin down the road safely, although I did work as an inspection mechanic at a shop about three years ago, as well as working for 4 years as a trailer mechanic for Fed-Ex Ground and now Heartland Express. There isn't a whole lot that I can't do on a vehicle. That being said, I have nearly no experience working on bikes and will not claim to know everything there is to know about them. However, I am willing to invest the time into learning as much as I can. About two years ago I picked up a pair of KZ 305's with the intention of getting them running and then building them. I eventually lost interest in the projects, but not enough that I sold them. My current plans are to buy a yamaha 400 off my boss as a daily rider, get the two Kaw's running again, then start building them little by little, hopefully completing them by the end of 2014. What I don't want to do is the typical stuff us noobs are prone to doing: tear it down, cut it apart, paint/powder everything, ruin paint/powder by adding tabs and tearing non functioning motor apart, have a semi cool lookin bike that don't run. Nope I wanna do it the right way. I know the 305's aren't the most popular choice, but it's what I ended up with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts