Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello..noob here..im just turned 50..done quite lots of adventures in my life.. love mountain biking, snowboarding, hiking, the outdoors, etc. Two things that i want to achieve before my time is up, ride motorcycle and play the guitar. Ive always wanted a cafe racer but it was never a priority. Well, that is why im here today. As up now, im just youtubing to learn more about cafe racers. Top priority will be learn how to ride a motorcycle and get a M1 license. Soon after that will look to buy a bike. I wish i could start a project and mod one on my own but i just cannot do that now. Anyhow, wish me luck guys. Cheers!!!!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Welcome. Just a fair bit of warning,: what you are likely seeing on YouTube is not what the majority of the crowd here considers a "cafe racer". There are alot of us that are older.... you are in the age group. Many are into vintage racing, or are ex-racers, and this group has been around long before the term became what it is now (which is a different form of a chopper). We tend to focus on the "racer" part of the term rather than the "cafe" part, which is not to say that we only like race or track bikes, but we appreciate modifications done to motorcycles that improve its performance, be it handling, or acceleration, or speed. Modifications that make a bike perform worse that it originally was, in an effort to chase after a look are not well received here. Many of us learned the hobby in an age when crusty old farts hung out in motorcycle shops and taught you how a condenser worked by tossing a fully charged one at you to catch. These old guys would also be there to tell you point blank when you are doing something stupid.

The feedback you get here, may be blunt, or sometimes a bit harsh. But, it is almost always delivered from a point of view that has experience behind it, and the goal will always be to keep you in a direction that makes motorcycling enjoyable and your inclusion in the hobby a long lasting one.

You might peruse some threads on the site to get a flavor for the crowd, and start off with the linked thread >>>>>Read This Thread First<<<<<

1 - 2 of 2 Posts