Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be heading down with the family to visit friends on the weekend of October 11th. Tex et al. you know of any bike salvage yards, shops, etc worthy of visiting while I am there (Norristown area).

Pete

·
Registered
692 Posts
I don't really know of any bike salvage spots in the area but if you look you're sure to find some AMAZING barnfresh whole bikes . Old Triumphs , Beezas , JAPs and Japs , and other knarly shizzle . A lot of those barns in South East PA are like frickin time capsules .

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
pete, leo, and wank,

we shoot non-locals who try to come in our s.e. pa towns and steal our old bikes and parts.

we feed their corpses to the swine.

oink!

texy

·
Registered
692 Posts
quote:Originally posted by texmawby

pete, leo, and wank,

we shoot non-locals who try to come in our s.e. pa towns and steal our old bikes and parts.

we feed their corpses to the swine.

oink!

texy
I lived in Allentown a bit . Maybe they'll hesitate before they shoot . :D

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Wank,
So you do the talking. And if Tex doesn't shoot us and feed us to the swine, I'll buy lunch.

But not to jack the tread, Pete up for a run to Bordentown? Probably 45 min. from Norristown though. But would be happy to have ya.

Cheers,
Leo

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Leo. I may just come up for a visit. I'll let you know.

Tex, line up, your not the only person from PA that wants to shoot me.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm located in Worcester which is right next to Norristown. Been here for 24 years and am starting to realize I'm not peeking into enough barns!

Although there is a friend of mine that I haven't talked to in a while who has what I think is a cb100 tucked away in a barn... I better get my ass over there asap.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
c'mon, i lived in norristown, pa for two years and never once saw a single barn. i almost saw a couple of shootings and a bunch of heroin scores and a fair amount of parking lot prostitution....but never a barn.

-tt

·
Registered
199 Posts
LOL a lot of people refer to the area around Norristown as just that because it's a familiar location but there are tons of garages there. There a barns all over the area, though.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
loneman-

yeah, it gets rural in a hurry to the north and west, but i lived right on the train tracks in an old cigar factory. it wasn't really a rough area, but it wasn't lancaster co. either. but my next-door neighbor was a functional junkie.

-t

·
Registered
199 Posts
Was this factory by any chance near Markley st? I know there's a warehouse on Sterigere but it used to be a brick facory.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Oh and there is a custom bike shop off Markley (last I knew) called Lucky Charms Chopper. Saw some of their bikes at a Norristown bike show but dunno if they're still around.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tex I am from the Philly area and I didn't know that Nigeria was around here! I wouldn't go looking in any barns around Norristown but you might find some in Chester county. I have seen a local bike shop with old bikes on Vine street between 3rd and 4th in center city. I think it is called Motto Guzzi. Not sure if it is just a repair shop or a custom shop or what.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
that shop with the (moto guzzi) is called the spare parts company. it is owned by a guy named roland. it is an incredible shop, he is an incredible mechanic, and a really good friend. stop in and introduce yourself....tell him tex says hi!

nigeria is in africa. i know this because i am 50% irish and 50% nigerian.

it has been a very strange and confusing life so far.

chester county is good, but you really gotta know where to go. remember it's not what you know but who you know.

cheers,

tex

1 - 16 of 16 Posts