Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier this summer I acquired Jag's Norton. The footpeg on the Dunstall rearsets shit the bed. Is any holding one (or any other Dunstall rearset parts for that matter?). Thanks.

Photo Aug 30, 10 49 30 AM.jpg Photo Aug 30, 10 48 43 AM.jpg

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got a guy if i am unable to find parts (going to have a new shifter bushing pressed in as well) My only concern is the spring (now missing).

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dunstall (and replica Dunstall) have bad reps for being janky. I planned on buying a Clubman set to replace the set I have but they are currently out of stock for a while. I love the NYC Norton set but its a bit spendy...

·
Registered
23,292 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Geets. I found these in my late night Otaku Norton research frenzy. The norvil stuff has the same reputation as the Dunstall stuff (look at the pics..) the Slipstream...Im just not sure about. The controls seem great -those plates though - hmmmm. Do you have an opinion (is the sky blue?)?

·
Registered
23,292 Posts
I do not. My old commando had stock pegs, the dunstall has...obvously....dunstall. To be honest though, I was worried about the plates not having exhaust hangers but there is a line in the ad that says "exhaust hangers available" which quell's my concern.

Those plates are pretty thick for what they are, I think the stock Z plates are cast which wouldn't be near as strong and they are still the most overbuilt part of any norton. The slipstream ones just aren't "fancy" like the stock norton z plates, but if you wanted do dress them up, I betcha there is enough meat there to drill them full of weight savings holes. Or you could take them to an engraver and have some pretty design tattooed on (like castle grayskull).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts