Cafe Racer Forum banner

Norton Manx

6K views 38 replies 11 participants last post by  Hoofhearted 
#1 ·
I was flicking through a british classic bike magazine and couldn't help notice that Norton have announced it's going to remake the Manx. Apparently it's being called the 30m, as in its original name.

Same tooling, better materials AND they want to enter it in the TT. Allegedly.
The price? A cool 30 000 pounds. or 49 000 USD.

See less See more
#31 ·
Lucky dog indeed. The enigne is alive and well in Dublin. I broke it at at a time when parts weren't available and the parts that were available I couldn't afford. A friend now has the engine and the rest is here in California and doing well.

By weslake at 2009-09-24

#30 ·
Lucky dog indeed. The enigne is alive and well in Dublin. I broke it at at a time when parts weren't available and the parts that were available I couldn't afford. A friend now has the engine and the rest is here in California and doing well.

By weslake at 2009-09-24

#33 ·
49k? Thats hopeless to try and sell.... they MIGHT could sell them for 20k.

Wasn't someone talking of building a new Vincent? Not the one with the Honda engine but one with a different top end on a harley shortblock?

#32 ·

Wasn't someone talking of building a new Vincent? Not the one with the Honda engine but one with a different top end on a harley shortblock?

#36 ·
quote:Originally posted by raven

Big picture - $49k isn't all that much money to a lot of people. There are vintage Ducatis running around right now that have had that much and more spent on them. I think the people doing this are aware of what the market will support, and a limited production run of new Manx's would sell out, at the price given price.

Not only will they sell, but a lot of them won't even get ridden, they'll end up on display in offices, garages, living rooms, etc...

They could MAYBE sell them at $20k? Your view of the vintage/collector bike market is a lot different than mine. Look at what Ducati Supemonos are selling for, and they haven't got near the history of this bike. Yeah, I know it's a recreation or continuation or whatever you want to call it. So what? It's a brand new Manx.

Damn, for $20k I'd even consider one if they were street legal. (Which I doubt it will be, with noise and emissions reqs being what they are these days)

*The above assumes it will be eligible for vintage racing...

#37 ·

Big picture - $49k isn't all that much money to a lot of people. There are vintage Ducatis running around right now that have had that much and more spent on them. I think the people doing this are aware of what the market will support, and a limited production run of new Manx's would sell out, at the price given price.

Not only will they sell, but a lot of them won't even get ridden, they'll end up on display in offices, garages, living rooms, etc...

They could MAYBE sell them at $20k? Your view of the vintage/collector bike market is a lot different than mine. Look at what Ducati Supemonos are selling for, and they haven't got near the history of this bike. Yeah, I know it's a recreation or continuation or whatever you want to call it. So what? It's a brand new Manx.

Damn, for $20k I'd even consider one if they were street legal. (Which I doubt it will be, with noise and emissions reqs being what they are these days)

*The above assumes it will be eligible for vintage racing...

#39 ·

49k? Thats hopeless to try and sell.... they MIGHT could sell them for 20k
Summerfield Bros. have been selling their replica Manx for 30,000 Stg. for years. A Molnar Manx engine varies from 9-12,000 Stg. Bakker Frambou in Holland makes TITANIUM Manx frames that sell for 15,000 euros. I saw 6 speed mag cased Manx boxes going for 5,000 Stg. I can't remember what the place in New Zealand sells their replcas for but the figure is equally hideous. I think its just us poverty stricken peons that find the prices outrageous. But there are those out there prepared to pay.

#38 ·

49k? Thats hopeless to try and sell.... they MIGHT could sell them for 20k
Summerfield Bros. have been selling their replica Manx for 30,000 Stg. for years. A Molnar Manx engine varies from 9-12,000 Stg. Bakker Frambou in Holland makes TITANIUM Manx frames that sell for 15,000 euros. I saw 6 speed mag cased Manx boxes going for 5,000 Stg. I can't remember what the place in New Zealand sells their replcas for but the figure is equally hideous. I think its just us poverty stricken peons that find the prices outrageous. But there are those out there prepared to pay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.