·
Registered
4,721 Posts
ok it's a chopper ;)

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
quote:Originally posted by cafeteria_racer

little boys in sweaters and leather pants...
found this the other day:

What a lot of the "Rocker Revivalists" in England don't much like to admit is that the whole chains'n'studs leather look usually marked out rent boys waiting for trade amongst the truckers and travelling salesmen or, at any rate, those of them who may have been 'happily married' but were as in the closet as Tom Cruise.

And then there was the much-vaunted 59 Club, which started when a gay vicar saw an episode of the British TV police series Dixon of Dock Green, which had been filmed at the Ace and depicted scenes of deliquency perpetrated by tough young men in leather - or PVC - jackets and tight-fitting trousers and denims. The good Reverend trotted along to the Ace to save these young men - well, he told me that he took the bus there - and the 59 Club was born. Photographs of the clubhouse from those days show a very happy vicar surrounded by the sort of young men on whom Freeman based her novel. Some of them rode motorcycles, it's true, but most them rode other things.

read the full discussion here:
http://www.britbike.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=51;t=002563;p=0

long but quite interesting, indeed!

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That thread is awesome, folks who were there have a VERY different version of things. The cool shit is seeing photos of folks like Curtis (on the norvin), seeley and the other builders/ racers of the time. Hauling ass on their race bikes out on open roads 'testing'. Homebuilt specials bred for speed. Not pomade and studded jackets. Next race I'm rocking a sweater: "hey, it's period safety gear"

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Geeto67

that explains the newbie clubman fetish...

new word of the day: chromosexuals
ha! dude, after reading that yesterday, i've taken EVERY opportunity to use it since.

i love that read. i think anybody liberally using the word "ton" (whatever happened to that chromosexual anyway), rocks 59 stickers, or has an ace cafe patch on anything leather should be forced to read it.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
it's period safety gear"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rosko as I remember you all ready have period safety gear, early 80’s?

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
quote:Originally posted by midge

it's period safety gear"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rosko as I remember you all ready have period safety gear, early 80�s?
sure, it's 80's gear. I'm looking to rep all the respective periods with my gear. 80's retardation for fcb, 60's sweater, puddin bowl and leather pants for LWSV and 70's mullet and bell bottoms for MWSV.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
quote:Originally posted by midge

it's period safety gear"

Rosko as I remember you all ready have period safety gear, early 80�s?
sure, it's 80's gear. I'm looking to rep all the respective periods with my gear. 80's retardation for fcb, 60's sweater, puddin bowl and leather pants for LWSV and 70's mullet and bell bottoms for MWSV.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
fun to read that. I loved this quote.

If you don't want to read the exchange between Erum - meriden4ever - and myself, nobody's forcing you to. you could just focus on the pictures. Anyway, one Triton looks much like another these days: formulaic...sterile... The carbs probably only have wear marks a third of the way up their bores

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
fun to read that. I loved this quote.

If you don't want to read the exchange between Erum - meriden4ever - and myself, nobody's forcing you to. you could just focus on the pictures. Anyway, one Triton looks much like another these days: formulaic...sterile... The carbs probably only have wear marks a third of the way up their bores

·
Registered
699 Posts
that was an awesome read, actually worth getting busted at work reading it.

·
Registered
699 Posts
that was an awesome read, actually worth getting busted at work reading it.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
That link tells me "No topic exists". But why in the name of all thats good and holy do people have to saw up a featherbed? A Vinnie will fit in without such butchery. Why didn't he get some pos BSA or Triumph to saw up? No one would give a fiddlers if that happened. Too bad the death penalty doesn't exist in England.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
That link tells me "No topic exists". But why in the name of all thats good and holy do people have to saw up a featherbed? A Vinnie will fit in without such butchery. Why didn't he get some pos BSA or Triumph to saw up? No one would give a fiddlers if that happened. Too bad the death penalty doesn't exist in England.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
yawn....oh please...the featherbed is the one motorcycle frame that the make new ones of in every variant. it isn;t like the world will run out.

but I did think the same thing you did hoof, why did he have to remove the down tubes? there are plenty of examples out that that prove a vincent engine fits in a featherbed frame without cutting it.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts