Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dave Nelson turned me on to a place that seems to have a stash of NOS Mulholland shocks... $15 a pair (no springs), $10.95 shipping for two pairs. I just bought two pairs. These are the same rebuildable shocks I use on all three of our honda race bikes. Come with hardward, spring mounts etc.
I keep spare sets on hand to take them apart and use the parts to rebuild the shocks on the race bikes. But I'm sure any competent shock shop could rebuild them too.
If anyone is interested I'll post the info. Nice people up in Maine selling them.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
10,506 Posts
i would like more info.
they should work great for my CL125.
what do you use for springs?

There is the right way, the wrong way and the british way to do anything!

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On our 50 class bike I got lucky and found a set of 60/lb springs there were ideal for the application. Mulholland spring show up now and then on ebay. Basically any spring that fits and is of a proper rate will do.
These are "real" shocks that actually have rebound dampening etc. Along the lines of the Konis' etc that were available during the period. I've been very happy with their performance on the race track. Made by Boge. My guess is that hagon or falcon spring would probably fit them. For the price you can't go wrong.

They are supposed to get back to me with some stock lists on what they have. I'll pass it on when I get it. Basically you are looking at a $120 pair of shocks albeit with no springs for $15.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
10,506 Posts
im in for 2 pairs

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Top mount is the typical round thingie...bottom mount is the "Honda Style" fork.

C/C mesurements: Open 12 3/4" Close 9 3/4"

Since they haven't got back to me with an estimate of how many sets they have.... the email is:

[email protected]

Just ask about the NOS Mulholland shocks and they should send a reply. I should snap up another couple of sets.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
10,506 Posts
emailed then and they said that they didnt have any left
only springs i see on ebay are 120lb and thats seems high for my CL125s racer
got snipped on a set from then on ebay....
that sucks

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dang...glad I got mine in time.

I'd guess about 80lbs might be right for a 125...depends on the weight of the rider. 120 lbs would be more like 350 springs I think.
JohnnyB

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've never asked around, but I assume any shock shop could rebuild them, pretty standard stuff inside. Which technically means they could last almost forever. Don't think the Falcon or Hagon are rebuildable. You usually have to spend a few hundred bucks to get the rebuildable shocks.
JohnnyB

1 - 12 of 12 Posts