Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
tell me where it is so i can drive up there, buy it, and then come over to your house and do donuts on your lawn with it!

tex

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
the only real issue is the 500/4 was only made for a couple of years. but i think they are better handing bikes than the 550.

they are fun little bikes. youll love it. like riding a vacume cleaner around. smooth and quiet!

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
the only real issue is the 500/4 was only made for a couple of years. but i think they are better handing bikes than the 550.

they are fun little bikes. youll love it. like riding a vacume cleaner around. smooth and quiet!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
The cb500 is a great handling little bike. I have beaten cb550's at the drag strip with my cb500. My Best time was 13.6 @97mph, the mc rags at the time reported 13.7 @95 ET's.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
The cb500 is a great handling little bike. I have beaten cb550's at the drag strip with my cb500. My Best time was 13.6 @97mph, the mc rags at the time reported 13.7 @95 ET's.

·
Registered
23,294 Posts
clutch is kind of a weak point in these bikes, as is the gearbox. Best thing about them is that if the 500 motor ever lets go you can get a cb550 or 650 to bolt right into the frame.

·
Registered
23,294 Posts
clutch is kind of a weak point in these bikes, as is the gearbox. Best thing about them is that if the 500 motor ever lets go you can get a cb550 or 650 to bolt right into the frame.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Not at all similar, really.

/edit
Sorry, are you asking if it'sa good bike?
It's a honda, it's a standard 360 degree crank twin. It doesn't weigh much, they are inexpensive, get good gas mileage, and look pretty good. Good little bikes.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Not at all similar, really.

/edit
Sorry, are you asking if it'sa good bike?
It's a honda, it's a standard 360 degree crank twin. It doesn't weigh much, they are inexpensive, get good gas mileage, and look pretty good. Good little bikes.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
quote:Originally posted by joe c youll love it. like riding a vacume cleaner around. smooth and quiet!
Goddamnit Joe! Now I've got a scary image of my Mom bronco-busting around the living room on the old hoover from when I was a kid! Must be sleep deprivation.....

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
quote:Originally posted by joe c youll love it. like riding a vacume cleaner around. smooth and quiet!
Goddamnit Joe! Now I've got a scary image of my Mom bronco-busting around the living room on the old hoover from when I was a kid! Must be sleep deprivation.....

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hey, if you bought that 500 and want to restore it I have the stock handlebars I took of my 71 cb500. Looks pretty from what I can see and seems like the price was just right!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts