Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
I mostly like it. I would swap out the clocks with some proper old ones, but aside from that I bet it would be a lot of fun. I think they almost found a good compromise between retro and modern. But I don't really like retro.

Still a cool enough bike, and 100 times cooler than almost every other modified new bike out there.

Just my $0.02

-fang

'70 Suzuki T350
Download The Fang.mp3 HERE

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
That is a lot of money to throw at medicore chassis design.....

It is a cool retro modern but I betcha a Ducati Paulsmart runs rings around it for less than what he has into that thruxton.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
i ran the new '01 bonneville standard for four years/80K miles and loved it before i rode it into the side of a mountain. that thruxton has some nice custom bits on it save for the seat, but for less money you can get the new 675 triumph triple...something i plan to do come spring. but the bonnie/thrux is a pretty competent bike, it ran with anybody in the twisties (and got killed on the long straights) and got even better with some lightening, better suspension, etc. my only real complaint was the single front disk which i cooked a couple of times. and yeah, the ducs are head and shoulders better in most every way, but the bonnie/thrux is still more than anyone would really need on the streets. i hope to take my salvaged bonnie to the track just as soon as the USCRA opens up a class, then run it with AHRMAs thruxton cup.

-tt

Edited by - ttilghman on Dec 05 2007 4:07:26 PM

·
Registered
187 Posts
Cooler than the regular Thruxton's, but something about the retro Triumphs just doesn't seem quite right. I guess I like the old one's so much and the new retro's don't seem as successful as the Ducati's for instance. I think the 675, Speed T, Tiger, etc. are great bikes. I think a retro Trident cafe would be awesome if done right. As long as they left out the mechanical issues seen with the original.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Tim: The triple should cut your commute time by at least 30 minutes. Man, are you going to have fun! I am fully committed on rehabing my R100. It is in the basement in multiple, multiple parts. I finished up fixing the charging system. I am now working on the carbs and will be repainting the entire bike. Yes, I think I am going checkered! Goal is to have it done by February so I can focus on the wankermobile and have that ready for summit. I need to cook soto this year b/c his head is growing at an exponential rate and if it keeps growing, we will all be in dire straights…(not the 1990s band dire straights), but the real shit out of luck dire straights, because of all the CO2 he will be emitting. But I suppose the CO2 is better than the methane he usually toots out.

Yeller'
---
Ask not what the wanker can do for you, but what you can do for your wanker!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
quote:
yeller'-jacked again.
I was just riding your jacked thread.

Yeller'
---
Ask not what the wanker can do for you, but what you can do for your wanker!

Edited by - pete Casper on Dec 05 2007 7:50:46 PM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts