1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
reminds me of the early days of suspension mountain bikes (late 1980's)....many of the "new" ideas couldn't be patented because they had already been done 100 years earlier. the roads were terrible back then...no pavement and pneumatic tires weren't around yet. some very innovative suspension designs were spawned due to neccessity. and leonardo da'vinci came up with some cool things long before even the need arose...think two wheels and you're close. thanks for the link swags.
-parks

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
reminds me of the early days of suspension mountain bikes (late 1980's)....many of the "new" ideas couldn't be patented because they had already been done 100 years earlier. the roads were terrible back then...no pavement and pneumatic tires weren't around yet. some very innovative suspension designs were spawned due to neccessity. and leonardo da'vinci came up with some cool things long before even the need arose...think two wheels and you're close. thanks for the link swags.
-parks

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Douglas had a banking sidecar in the 20s. The banking was controlled by the passenger. Won the 1927 TT.

"The only thing new is the history you don't know."
Harry S(without a period) Truman

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Douglas had a banking sidecar in the 20s. The banking was controlled by the passenger. Won the 1927 TT.

"The only thing new is the history you don't know."
Harry S(without a period) Truman

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
Say hello to my little friend ... I just love that quote.

Anyway...Douglas made some very cool shit a very long time ago. Their water cooled two stroke, two cylinder sounds like an RD when it's running and they made it in like the freakin 1300's...I think Dracula rode one.
JohnnyB

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
Say hello to my little friend ... I just love that quote.

Anyway...Douglas made some very cool shit a very long time ago. Their water cooled two stroke, two cylinder sounds like an RD when it's running and they made it in like the freakin 1300's...I think Dracula rode one.
JohnnyB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts