Cafe Racer Forum banner

281 - 300 of 310 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #282 (Edited)
It's a ZX6R. I've just fitted a couple of sets of fairings to it and am painting it all ready for this years Manx GP. It's only ever been used as a race bike from new and is for the local fella we went over the the IOM last year to support.

Luckily (for me) the glass was decent quality and didn't need much prep work, but it's coming along nicely inbetween a mountain of work and home stuff to do.

Here's Shaun riding the same bike last year.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UQkc7rSqZfw

·
Registered
550 Posts
It's a ZX6R. I've just fitted a couple of sets of fairings to it and am painting it all ready for this years Manx GP. It's only ever been used as a race bike from new and is for the local fella we went over the the IOM last year to support.

Luckily (for me) the glass was decent quality and didn't need much prep work, but it's coming along nicely inbetween a mountain of work and home stuff to do.

Just plain WOW.
Would be incredible without the music,

·
Registered
751 Posts

Great stuff.

Unfortunately he's going to fast to see me sat in front of the tree at the church. Those cakes were amazing.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #285 (Edited)
Couple of bits done while I'm waiting for ignition stuff. I found these Harness ties at an auto jumble and they're so much nicer than tie wraps.

image.jpeg

You fasten like so around a harness or cable

image.jpeg

And then around the frame. Neat things I reckon.

image.jpeg

I bought a handful of similar ones made from truck inner tubes that do exactly the same thing, but these came from a Lucas stand.

Plus, I roughly trimmed a sheet of 10mm high density foam that has adhesive on one side and stuck it on the underside of my fuel tank where it rests onto the frame. Used a sharp blade once it was on to trim around the edges.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #287
Had it running and ridden it for around 5 miles now. Gearbox works like a Swiss watch, the clutch is light and it rides great. Just got a bit of refining to do with the wiring harness by way of multi blocks instead of bullet connectors and some shrink wrap, otherwise I'm about finished.

MOT is booked for next week, so I'll be legal then. Fairing and outer primary cover are now back on, so I can't wait to start riding it. It's loud, but not too unsociable and it soon gathers pace. Really pleased with how it works and well worth the messing over what seems and is really a long time phaffing around. (2.5 years) I don't even ache after kicking it up, which is a relief after the break in my leg and ankle, so I'm quite chuffed.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=ji_IdeDesYk

I'll see if I can upload a clip of it being ridden, but I'll probably wait until I stick my GoPro type thing on it at the Isle of Man next month when I take it over there.

P.S. Logging back in here was a real pain and the new password requirement is shit

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #290
Shame it took me so long as it's one of the longer running projects on here. just glad to see it almost finished :)

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #297 (Edited)
Just back from practice week at the Isle of Man. Would have stayed for race week too, but got other commitments and had to strike a balance.

Rode around the circuit seven times while there and had a great time on the bike. I have a bit of video footage too, so will post that at some point, the sound quality isn't very good, but I'll put it on anyway. Picture below is over the mountain, which was an awesome experience. I was actually smiling in this picture, air and wind was pushing my cheeks into whatever expression it looks like.

image.jpeg

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
That's it, right there on the mountain. Pudding bowl wouldn't be my choice unless maybe for a B&W photo...

281 - 300 of 310 Posts