Cafe Racer Forum banner

Nourish / Triton.....Continuation

82K views 309 replies 36 participants last post by  speedrattle 
#1 ·
After I wiped the slate clean, the project will of course continue. Seeing as I started on this forum with you guys and of course the odd lady, I will see it through and finish on here. Actually amazed by all the support over the last day or so from the amount of PM`s and posts etc, so I will resume and carry on.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

See less See more
#3 ·
One good looking bike.
your front tire mounted right? I ask because normally the avons look wrong, but yours looks right....so it's bacwards....lol

#4 ·
Alright! Glad to see this back on! One of the best projects on the board.

#7 · (Edited)
Well spotted Jag, I trial fitted the front wheel in and had it the wrong way around! Didnt know whether it was coming or going :)

Cyorg, the swing arm I have is from Mick Hemmings. It will take a 120 rear tyre and is supplied with bearings and new pivot spindle. You would need to order Manx type chain adjusters too, but its a well made thing. He can supply them to take a Triumph conical or Norton rear wheel spindle as the Triumph is bigger diameter. I`ll take a pic later for you as it is also braced. Ive since seen a few featherbed racers using the same and they where happy with them on the track. Jalsteve might also be able to make you one too.

You would also need a slightly longer rear wheel spindle for Hemmings, but I have the measurements, plus also wheel spacers too. Not a straight forward bolt on swap, but nice.

#13 · (Edited)
Not to tempt fate, the ferry is now booked for the Isle of Man for August 2015. A year later than I hoped after starting this in December of last year, but its something I am really looking forward to.

I just want to experience a week at the Manx and have a ride around the island in the parade and share the experience with my dad, who is coming too. I`m taking our 7.5 ton horse lorry, which is kind of a race-truck looking thing with a decent living area, but I can also fit my XR400 plus one of dads bikes in easily too.

#19 ·
My old slimline frame was originally identical to that black donor frame, but I had the rear section changed by Dresda to a Manx type. It only cost a couple of hundred quid back then and meant I could also fit that neat rear mudguard.

I just re-grafted it onto the replacement frame, which was really easy thing to do. That old frame was proper knackered, look at this....

Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Vehicle

Architecture Wood Beam Reinforced concrete Composite material

#21 · (Edited)
Yeah, it was just that right hand tube and amazing really as to how badly corroded it had got. Especially with the worse area being up there. I`ve still got a section of it and was meaning to have it analysed as Im sure it was from the frame being nickel or chrome plated in the 70`s. It was like acid eating it from the inside and nothing like corrosion Ive ever seen before

Just makes you wonder what some of these old frames are hiding doesnt it.

#22 ·
Finished polishing the left hand brake plate, well my dad did it or me (ace), so the front wheel is in the right way around and with both brake plates on now.

Tire Spoke Alloy wheel Rim Automotive tire

Marked out for a torque arm, so I`ll cut a pair of these out on the band saw for something to do in the evening. Might trim them down a little more on the width, but I`ll do some research beforehand.

Tire Spoke Automotive tire Wheel Rim

Get them on and its a trip out in the van with it to get a load of oil lines and fittings made up. Cant wait to get it running now.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Car

#24 · (Edited)
Yeah, I`m looking at changing the tank shortly, so it will lose its `Triton` name. Not sure what to call it really, but the engine being a Weslake / Nourish which I have a few old decals fron Dave Nourish, would look neat scanned, sharpened up and re-printed for the new tank. The only thing Triumph on it now is the gearbox and its rear hub, so its not really a Triton anymore.

I`ll get the decals out and take a pic, but thats what It`ll have on it. `Weslake NRE` in red, white and blue. Poor old Norton frame doesnt get a look in.

Oh, carbs will have gauze filters on them for now, as theres not much room between them and the oil tank. I fancy the idea of making an air-box to run up under the tank with a larger media filter in it, but I want to get the bike running properly with everything as it is first before I spend time making one of those.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.