Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

now you can watch him build a bike too...
i had to post it cause its soo much fun to talk about him and his bikes....lol

There is the right way, the wrong way and the british way to do anything!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Not a huge fan of the 750's but I'll keep watching. Should be good.

·
Registered
23 Posts
"Now watch as i take a drill and randomly drill holes everywhere"

this guy is a fuck'n idiot

cb550
crf250r
cl175
c200

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Part 2 : Watch me use a tweek bar as a fork brace.

Part 3: Dual discs are so cool. Who needs a dual calipers?

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
hey geeto.....how bout that engine cover??

it is kinda funny about the caliper. im not a big fan of his style, but the guy does put some serious work into the shite.

jc

i dont know shit

·
Registered
306 Posts
whoah cooool....i want a seat made out of marshmellow!!!

mmmm.....marshmellow.....delicious......

"Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers." -Hunter S. Thompson

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I don't understand the bitching about Carpy. I too am not the greatest fan of many of his bikes - I prefer very minimalistic bikes. However - the dude is doing his thing and apparently with passion. I don't see how suddenly that is somehow wrong?

Obviously Carpy has quite a bit of experience and some of his bikes are very nice. What warrants the high school girl's bathroom level whining about his doings? Even if you don't like his bikes - so what? Make one YOU like.

And he seems to have dual calipers in his other dual disc bikes - are you sure the one in the pic is finished?

·
Registered
687 Posts
both of you shut up. too bad he's not as passionate about self-nut-punching as he is with building the same bike over and over. carpy sucks end of story, if you guys would stop defending this douche bag we could all get on with our lives.

and if you think that 350 is a good looking bike you are a total douche. .. now stfu and leave this shit alone already

...connoisseur of slack...

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
The more attention you draw, the louder the shit talking about you becomes. that why i sell parts under an alias, Mr. Dick N. Herbert.

'72 cb750
'75 cb750
'76cb750
'82 cx500 (but mine is cool, i swear. Why don't you believe me?)

·
Registered
38 Posts
ill be the first to admitt i thought he was a yank trying to pass himself off as english but no hes just another english knobheed like me. now his bikes arent exactly what id build but isnt that the point, build it how you would want it?

or is it the simple fact that the bloke gets paid to build bikes that other people cant be arsed to or dont know how to.

i think some people are pissed off with having cold fingers in their sheds and hes in cali or somewhere getting paid to do something he loves.

BUT...

sorry carpy, some of your bikes are crapy too.

·
Registered
687 Posts
i take the time to speak up because someone has to balance out the big loads every lurker who crawls out of the woodwork finds necessary to post about this guy. it was 80 here in austin today so i'm not whining about some brit with a tan living in cali while i have frostbite and there are infinitely more people out there making money doing something they like and whether good or bad i'm not talking shit about them because of their tax bracket. i also am not swinging from this guys nuts because he makes bikes that other knobs are willing to spring a disproportionate amount of cash for. sure there is something to be said about the quality of the craftsmanship but that is entirely different than creativity and this guy ran dry years ago and that is the only argument i have ever made against this guy...to finish i have to insist that 350 is a really poorly executed pos!...

...connoisseur of slack...

Edited by - snorkelfork on Feb 04 2008 9:20:32 PM

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i always think t funny when a bunch of bike guys talk about him and his bikes
like it or not he has gotten more poeple into the hobbie and is making money doing what WE all love too.

There is the right way, the wrong way and the british way to do anything!

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
quote:
sure there is something to be said about the quality of the craftsmanship but that is entirely different than creativity and this guy ran dry years ago and that is the only argument i have ever made against this guy...
It seems that you've made a lost of statements about him. However my point is - even if he IS doing boring bikes or run dry as you say - so what. I see lots of shitty bikes with ugly compromises - yet I don't freak about it. So Carpy is not much of an artist in your opinion - most people are not much of artist anyway. Shouldn't come as a surprise.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts