Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...starts tomorrow! Who is going? Everybody going to wear their NYC VinMoto shirts??? If you are going, buy your tickets on-line and skip standing in line (http://www.motorcycleshows.com/)

I know Jersey Girl will be there as a helmet babe.

Geeto and Rosko will be manning the VJMC booth...

Anybody else going to be there? I plan on taking the train in from Jersey on Sunday with Jeff G from the Sundial board.

Jim

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
tex maybe you could bring the fairing one day?....ill pick it up and even pay you....lol

There is the right way, the wrong way and the british way to do anything!

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
william,

sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the vic camp fairing is no longer for sale. i had wanted to sell it a few months ago when i was in a cash crunch. i am no longer in that situation and have decided to do other things with it. hope that this has not caused you any sort of harm or loss of opportunity.

cheers,

tex

http://groups.google.com/group/PhillyVinMoto

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
no prob tex. never got those emails. might have been sent to spam or something. i had a problem getting in touch with cramp about clip ons a while back too. i wasent trying to be a pain just to get an anwser.

There is the right way, the wrong way and the british way to do anything!

·
Registered
569 Posts
great job on the space guys and gals..good to see folks and chat'

dch.

I love the smell of castor oil in the morning, but I have a Honda....

·
Registered
97 Posts
So, what was cool at this years show? I'm getting antsy for the Chicago show. Actually a better question is what was everybody's favorite bike at the show?

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
The coolest booth at the show, by far, was ours! I won't go into how awesome we are as people but the BIKES were amazing. Here's what you could have seen:

Ducati 750
Triumph Bobber
'51 Vincent Touring Rapide
'49 Harley WL
Parilla 250 racer
Bultaco Mercurio
Tex's cb362
Kawasaki h2 cafe racer
Kawasaki h1- (worlds fastest!) pro stock drag bike

A bunch of the USCRA and caferacer.net crew came to visit, good to see y'all! We handed out about 100 fliers for the club, I think there is a lot of interest in vintage racing and especially the giro. We shall see if any new racers come out of it. Big thanks to all the folks here who made it happen, Geeto, Tex, dittachio, whatevs, dch... and the list goes on, you all rock. This is the booth I had always hoped to see at the show.

BORN TO LURK, FORCED TO WORK.
www.NYCvinMoto.com
www.VinMoto.org

·
Registered
97 Posts
Man, I wish I would have been able to meet you all. I don't think there has ever been a vintage booth at the Chi town show either. It sounds like the New York show was a lot of fun. I would have loved to see all the old bikes. The new stuff is cool and all, but I miss the feel of old stuff. Whether it be cars, bikes, tractors, scooters, planes... The new stuff seems to lack the soul of the old. Everything these days is too refined for me. I guess I just love the mechanical feel of the past. Well, before I start ranting about how the country has gone soft, I'll stop. Eric, I'm not sure what my schedule will be like but I know I'll be there some time. I'll let you know when it gets closer. It would be cool to meet anyone from this board.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts