Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They're supposed to make an announcement tomorrow. I know Bernie has been trying to get something together there for a while and it looks like they finally have something worth calling a press conference for.
Not sure about anything other than they want NYC as the backdrop. Talking first race in 2013. There was mention of Weehaken. Being a HUGE F1 fan I can't tell you how excited I am to hear the news!!

·
Registered
585 Posts
And THAT is definately when I'm going to go make my first trip to New York city. The prospect of combining both those things sounds amazing [:p]

·
Registered
541 Posts
I know they're building a track in Austin for F1 and planning on racing there starting next year. Haven't heard anything about two US stops.

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
they have wanted to run on the streets of NYC for years....cant see it really happening
and then what have a 14 month season?
Dont get me wrong i would LOVE it but im not holding my breath

been to montreal the last two years and planing on montreal and texas next year

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
saw weehoken listed too. even saw a course map that looked pretty cool.

·
Registered
4 Posts
im a fan of F1, but i hate NJ with a passion... NJ has the NY jets, giants, redbulls, redbull air race.. what else? now it will be shown as the NY GP..(just cause it has the skyline in the background)

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
looks like its official!

Thats great. honestly i never thought that it would get pasted

For anyone that has never been to an F1 race...GO!
the sound and speed are amazing

This year the Renault exhaust system was the craziest thing i have ever heard.

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
looks like its official!

Thats great. honestly i never thought that it would get pasted

For anyone that has never been to an F1 race...GO!
the sound and speed are amazing

This year the Renault exhaust system was the craziest thing i have ever heard.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SWEET!!!! Who's taking couch reservations up there? $200 a night is my offer. ;)

I am soooo stoked about this (and very glad I won't have to go to Texas, nothing against Texas)!!!!

I've always wanted to see a live race but having two kids kept me because of the travel. Now I can even bring the wife a girls, though I guess I'll need more than a couch if they come.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SWEET!!!! Who's taking couch reservations up there? $200 a night is my offer. ;)

I am soooo stoked about this (and very glad I won't have to go to Texas, nothing against Texas)!!!!

I've always wanted to see a live race but having two kids kept me because of the travel. Now I can even bring the wife a girls, though I guess I'll need more than a couch if they come.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Why the hate for NJ JohnZ?

Anybody remember the Meadowlands Grand Prix:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meadowlands_Grand_Prix

I went to the first race in 1984. My neighbor was an exec at Grand Union (a grocery store chain) and gave me two passes to the Skoal/Grand Union hospitality booth along with two tickets to the Grand Union box seats. When my buddy and I arrived at the booth and dug into the beer cooler, the Skoal rednecks promptly started asking "Whut you boys doin heyar? This heyar is the Skoal booth!" We showed our credentials and reminded them we were guests of their business partner and they reluctantly let us stay. We had another beer and a burger and then went to our box seats as the rednecks were pointedly ignoring us. I remember the Skoal driver was Teo Fabi and he crashed out early in the race. Mario Andretti won that year.....

So nothing new having an F1 race in NJ. Also it won't be anything new with them calling it a NY race!

Jim

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Why the hate for NJ JohnZ?

Anybody remember the Meadowlands Grand Prix:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meadowlands_Grand_Prix

I went to the first race in 1984. My neighbor was an exec at Grand Union (a grocery store chain) and gave me two passes to the Skoal/Grand Union hospitality booth along with two tickets to the Grand Union box seats. When my buddy and I arrived at the booth and dug into the beer cooler, the Skoal rednecks promptly started asking "Whut you boys doin heyar? This heyar is the Skoal booth!" We showed our credentials and reminded them we were guests of their business partner and they reluctantly let us stay. We had another beer and a burger and then went to our box seats as the rednecks were pointedly ignoring us. I remember the Skoal driver was Teo Fabi and he crashed out early in the race. Mario Andretti won that year.....

So nothing new having an F1 race in NJ. Also it won't be anything new with them calling it a NY race!

Jim

1 - 20 of 42 Posts