Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, first of all I'd like to say the show was great. Alot of great bikes, the usual gobs of honda cb's, some very nice, skinny jeans, davida helmets, etc.... Great to meet some new faces (Bob, Sean, etc..) and see Geeto, Jag, Derby, and Buckets etc... Dave Roper was there but I didn't get to meet him, a few guys chatted with him.
I thought I got a pic of this gorgeous Honda Interceptor 1000 but I didn't, hopefully someone else did.
I'd be dead inside 30 mins living in that area on a bike, the women are amazing!!! And they're everywhere!

Second of all I'd like to say, FUCK!!!!! I am NOT driving up for this show EVER AGAIN!!! I'm riding up. I sat in traffic from west side of the williamsburg bridge to jersey city was two and a half fucking hours!!! All the while sitting there watch those fuckers on bikes zig zag through it right in front of my face!!!
OK, I'm over it. I'll figure out some rig to haul pies up on my bike next year.

Here's a few pics -
[
]
[
]
[
]
[
]
[
]
[
]
[
]
[
]
[
]

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
holy hipster parade, batman!

some good looking bikes though, wish i didnt live 16 hours away.

·
Registered
893 Posts
car was supposed to be towed.

what happen to you tex?

mickey, thanks a million for bringin the pies. that pb thing was rediculous.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Sixth street racing dirt trackers - *drool* - me like.

On a fashion note, I'm very happy I'm not at an age where I'd possibly be a slave to trends and wear skinny jeans. Looks good on the ladies, though. Hipsters...ugh.

What percentage of bikes were checkerboard/ace cafe/59 decal specials? I'm pretty sure you purposely turned your camera away from those bikes?

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
The show isn't really representative of the ny fashion trends because most of the main organizers and for people are road racers. So I would say 50/50 fashion bike's vs race bike and racebikes retired for the street. Even some of the fashion bikes were highly functional because of the interaction the builders get with the locals. These days it is less the checkerboard and 59 crowd and more endless and terrible benjie, brat, and wrenchmonkees wannabe clones.

·
Registered
10,449 Posts
That VF1000F is a friends, really nice well modded bike that gets ridden everywhere

This is what the show is about

Tex, where were you?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We need a dedicated pie table next year. (And Diamond Jim, thanks for the plates and pie servers, couldn't of done it without ya) Jag and Geeto brought pie/cobbler that was awesome! Jim brought beer to go with the banana cream, that I f'd up and forgot. (Sorry, Jim. Next year I promise)

I could hang out up there all the time. So much to see. I need the NYC contingent to school me though, I don't know much about what I'm looking at.

Not sure if that was a C110 or S65, I was more interested in the girl in black.

Yeah, Tex, where were you?!!! You're becoming one of those urban legends that may, or may not actually exist.

Here's another one of that RG500.
[
]

I'll put up a few more pics later.

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
I had all the intentions of going....got home Friday night after meetings all week in NYC. Felt eh at the pub, went home at 11pm (which is telling that something wasn't right with me). Woke up with the scratchy throat, flemmy, a little achy in the back, and zero motivation to do shit (wanted to pull some stuff to bring up for Sunday...and load to get an early start). Got word later that evening that Leon had made his own travel arrangements....so no need for me to feel like I was burdened to go.....decided to make the call in the AM. I woke at 8am on Sunday, nothing loaded, not feeling better, but also knowing that I HAD TO BE IN DC TODAY, so I blew it off. Still feel shitty, miss my wife (it has been almost two weeks since I saw her (save the hour) when I got back from Indy on Monday night last week.

Regret not going....a little bit, but to travel up there solo feeling shitty, rather than lay in bed watching movies all weekend, drinking tea, and not giving a fuck all if dishes/laundry/bills/anything got done, well let's say I made the right call.

Wanna see my sushi and gin dinner that I'm having right now?

Till next year fuckers!

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
That little blue bike is a c110. A s65 has a longer tank, like an S90. S65 has an OHC motor while the c110 is pushrod with an alloy head, as in the pictures. That bike, or a similar one went from beth braun's husband J to rosko to I think Larry bones.

My 50 racer is a c110.

Noticed you got another shot of the girl in the black jeans, from the rear again. Nice cb160 she has there.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
The whole day was awesome. I wrote it else where, but it was awesome to see everyone, eat pie, drink Jim's awesome booze, and have poor Geets put me up. I'm so psyched to move down.

Does anyone else find it funny that the Gamma is painted in Rothmans colors?

I also need a sport classic, a T500, an FZR, a guzzi...

·
Registered
10,449 Posts
What homo is riding around with fishtails on his guzzi?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts