Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Late model CB77 with alloy for legs make it a last run 67/8. Single is def. a pushrod 50 or 55 C100/C110. I raced one once that was built back in the day. Fun bike but not fast.

Lady with the 77 knows about the lift handle. Good for her.

Rothman's RG is a little odd, but I guess if you have the bike and like that color scheme, that's what you get. Looks good on an NS400R too.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Walter Wolf, yes. The Rothmans is def. an "owner's rendition".

Good to know about the differences between a C110 and S65. I'm not really up on my old Honda lore like I am with Yamahas.

Who(m) put the event on? Lotsa permits and shit to be a "legal assembly", or was it just a WOM "Meet here and we'll eat pie and drink beer" kind of thing?

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Emit R Detsaw

Walter Wolf, yes. The Rothmans is def. an "owner's rendition".

Good to know about the differences between a C110 and S65. I'm not really up on my old Honda lore like I am with Yamahas.

Who(m) put the event on? Lotsa permits and shit to be a "legal assembly", or was it just a WOM "Meet here and we'll eat pie and drink beer" kind of thing?
For almost every year previous that we did it with permits I was the one who handled all the legal work and coordinated with the mayor's office. In years before permits the show was too small to need one, and this year I turned over the mantle to someone else (who I kept in contact with and helped through the process a little, though she was super competent). I forget if this is our 7th year or our 8th but either way been doing this for a long time. It used to be a VJMC sponsored event as I was the VJMC rep for NY but since the VJMC cannot figure out how to organzie a dirt road much less a club I resigned and therefore no VJMC collaboration. Basically the vintage motorcycle community throws the party but the major players are Works engineering, Peak Point, NYCVinmoto, Motorgrrl, etc... Although I got a little credit for being part of it, I literally did almost no work to help out this year. If you know me and my tendency to over-volunteer myself at great risk to my personal life this is an amazing feat.

we used to do a weird art instillation but strangely this year... no show. It was my favorite part.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I thought when they were doing the trophies and wrapping up they mentioned it was their ninth year and next year would mark a decade for the show.

It was a good time but based on Mickey's experience getting in, I was glad I took the train and subway to get there - even if it was midnight before I got home due to our post show escapades....

Jim

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
Yeah I know I own unreliable bikes......

.....still who makes a big deal about following me to my garage and then doesn't and leaves me sitting on the corner like an asshole waiting for him.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Geeto67

Yeah I know I own unreliable bikes......

.....still who makes a big deal about following me to my garage and then doesn't and leaves me sitting on the corner like an asshole waiting for him.
Hey I wasn't driving... And I never got to see the famous Geeto garage.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
quote:Originally posted by Diamondj

I thought when they were doing the trophies and wrapping up they mentioned it was their ninth year and next year would mark a decade for the show.

It was a good time but based on Mickey's experience getting in, I was glad I took the train and subway to get there - even if it was midnight before I got home due to our post show escapades....

Jim
Jim, getting in was a breeze compared to getting out. I only waited in traffic for an hour getting into the tunnel. I waited in traffic for 2 1/2 getting back through. I left the show at 5:30 and didn't get back to wilmington until 10:15.

And now knowing I could have just stayed until later and seen the "Geeto Archives" pisses me off even more!!!! :)

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Teazer,

How did that racer C110 you rode handle? I have mine on the track now and it is very scary in the corners, feels like the bike wants to slide out if you lean it over a little. If you lean a little more it feels like it has a big knobby tire on the front- thump thump thump. Steering head bearings are new and were adjusted by a mechanic/fellow racer I trust.

What do you think?

Jack

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
quote:Originally posted by mickey356

Jim, getting in was a breeze compared to getting out. I only waited in traffic for an hour getting into the tunnel. I waited in traffic for 2 1/2 getting back through. I left the show at 5:30 and didn't get back to wilmington until 10:15.

And now knowing I could have just stayed until later and seen the "Geeto Archives" pisses me off even more!!!! :)
And now you know why I take the train in. When we're in a hurry - I'll drive to Secaucus junction and the train is a single stop into Penn. On the weekends, it's $7 to park all day and $4 an adult each way on the train. A $10 subway card and if I plan my stops well through hop-stop, I'm good for the day. Really the cheapest and easiest way to get in or out of the city unless you absolutely have to drive in....

·
Registered
569 Posts
quote:Originally posted by JackC

quote:Originally posted by dch

no

That CB72/77 you had was white, wasn't it? Ex Neil Folger bike? Not silver/black like this one.
yes it was white cb77, from George DeCamp (sp) was a very nice bike, good runner.. the Neil Fonger bike is the cb72 sitting here waiting to be done...but the Metralla is in front of it..and the red 160.

d.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
The one I rode didn't feel very good either, but it was so slow that hardly mattered :) . I t was a while ago, but I seem to recall that the front forks twist - well the links do at least, so I'd check to see how much twist there is at the wheel. Pressed steel forks were pretty stiff. Skinny tire wasn't a lot of fun either IIRC and teh rear end was a little flexy too

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
21 - 37 of 37 Posts