Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I need to get an inspection next saturday if it can wait till then. I used to work for vespa SOHO in manhattan so it is easy in and out for me when I show up there, other people might not have such an easy time but it is still not hard.

inspections are usually done with the bike not running so as long as all your brakes and lights work you should be good.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
yeah you probably should have that bike registered and insured before you take it up there. NYS does not require a bike to be registered to be inspected bt it seems to be one of vespa's new policies.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:
whats the big deal? it's easy, like stupid easy. 5 min tops. maybe $6.00
Since he moved service off site, vespa has all the sales people doing inspections and some of them 1) don't really know about bikes and 2) are overzealous. I don't think all of them know what they are doing, but if you get one of the "old crew" it is really an in and out affair. Plus Zach is getting really suspicious about inspection entries with vin numbers and no license plates. The last time I was there the kid with the box was just looking for a reason to fail my cb and I know that bike is road legal.

I have tried getting inspections at other non-dealer places and have been turned away because most of them don't want to waste the time if they aren't working on your bike (or they like to find something wrong).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.