Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Once again (generally it happens on a daily basis) this site is experiencing problems. Database errors, posts not appearing in the feed, general slow speed and crashyness etc etc etc.

If you spent less time with your fingers up your arses or counting the money the site patrons make you, and more time using your fingers to sort out the mountain of issues that this site has you would look less like a bunch of money grabbing shysters, who couldn't give a fuck about the fact that the facilities they provide for the patrons to make them money are, at best, shit.

I'd sort it before you have a mutiny on your hands. :mad:

·
Administrator
319 Posts
Thanks for the constructive feedback. Perhaps you could provide some specifics or documentation that might actually help us identify the problem?

The database error issue is one that's randomly affecting many of our sites, and we've repeatedly asked that when it happens, you provide us with the following:
1) Time of day it happened, and your geographic location
2) Browser and OS you're using, or, if mobile, what device you're using, browser and OS as well.
3) Right click on the error page; click "View Page Source"; and screenshot the information that appears. Then include that in your report here.
Until somebody actually DOES that, we have very little to go on to try and track the issue down. It's particularly difficult because it's so random, and not consistently repeatable.

As to "disappearing posts", we have run a thread rebuild tool here more than once recently in an effort to correct that. However, most everyone that's reported it has simply come back later to find that the posts they couldn't find yesterday are there today. Again, if you can provide some actual useful information about the issue, we'll most certainly be willing to look into it further.

·
Banned
1,393 Posts
Thanks for the constructive feedback. Perhaps you could provide some specifics or documentation that might actually help us identify the problem?

The database error issue is one that's randomly affecting many of our sites, and we've repeatedly asked that when it happens, you provide us with the following:
2) Browser and OS you're using, or, if mobile, what device you're using, browser and OS as well.
3) Right click on the error page; click "View Page Source"; and screenshot the information that appears. Then include that in your report here.
Until somebody actually DOES that, we have very little to go on to try and track the issue down. It's particularly difficult because it's so random, and not consistently repeatable.

As to "disappearing posts", we have run a thread rebuild tool here more than once recently in an effort to correct that. However, most everyone that's reported it has simply come back later to find that the posts they couldn't find yesterday are there today. Again, if you can provide some actual useful information about the issue, we'll most certainly be willing to look into it further.
Perhaps you could value, visit, and fix your own shit. We arent here to diagnose your website. Sound like a damn child blaming us for your lack of maintenance. Gimme a fuckin break.

·
Administrator
319 Posts
So....DohcBikes goes into his doctor's office and says "Doc, I feel like shit". Doc says "what seems to be the problem?" DB replies "You're the farkin' doctor.....YOU figure it out!" Stunned Doc says "well, ok then....I'll need some blood and urine samples for starters." DB replies "Fuck that! Do your job!"

Wow. Just wow.

·
Banned
1,393 Posts
So....DohcBikes goes into his doctor's office and says "Doc, I feel like shit". Doc says "what seems to be the problem?" DB replies "You're the farkin' doctor.....YOU figure it out!" Stunned Doc says "well, ok then....I'll need some blood and urine samples for starters." DB replies "Fuck that! Do your job!"

Wow. Just wow.
Haven't been to a doctor in 17 years. When i have a problem I dont ask others to find it or fix it. Thanks for helping make my point.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've never been on a Vbulletin site that didn't have problems from time to time. Just grin and bear it, and keep contributing. Not like I'm old hat around here, but eh.

What exactly are the admins doing to money-grab from you? Sure, there are ads, but they don't seem very intrusive to me. At least they don't have those keyword ads that make random words hyperlinks to retailers. Those are the worst.

The forum I spend most of my e-time on is privately hosted, with no ads. We just do a fund drive every couple years to pay the hosting bill. Great community too. Not knocking ad-supported forums at all, and this one is run pretty well (seemingly.) Spend some time on Yellowbullet or LS1tech if you want to see what awful ad revenue generation looks like.

Also, I would've expected no less from DoucheBikes.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The site always works fine for me, whether reading or posting... Maybe your computer is AWOL. If you behave to your friends like you behave here, you probably don't have any friends. Try a chill pill.

Jim B

·
Banned
1,393 Posts
Not a big deal til they try to pass the responsibility to the members. If you think they dont gain from our posting you should all reevaluate. Damned if i will say thank you to anyone here after being called out my name by a moderator. Fuck em all, twice.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Not a big deal til they try to pass the responsibility to the members. If you think they dont gain from our posting you should all reevaluate. Damned if i will say thank you to anyone here after being called out my name by a moderator. Fuck em all, twice.
How would you react if someone showed up on the board and had a thread that just said "OI, ME BIKE RUNS LIKE SHITE AND SOMETIMES IT CANNAE RUN A'TALL Y'OUNS NEED TO HELP ME FIX IT!"

You'd roast them, and rightly so. Because they're talking vaguely about a problem with no supporting information or troubleshooting on their end. Same deal here. If you're having a problem, document it so someone can work on it. If you can't replicate the issue and collect some data, you'll never fix anything. True for both motors and forums.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts

Just fuck off then. Seriously, why are you still here? Oh, thats right - this is the only place that hasn't banned you.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Well, we ARE the ones using it. And WERA is an admin, who can actually solve problems. A moderator is a middle person who would only be removing or editing 90% of the baby ass crack shit you post.

You may find that when (if) you mature, a little grace goes a long way. Until then, button button, who has the button...

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)

right.... the time of day it happened...... let's see hmmmmm......... I posted my complaint at about lunchtime on the first of january (there is a little hint in the top right corner of every post as to what time and date the post was made) so I'd say that there was a problem just before 12:15 on the first of January 2017

my geographic location....... let's see hmmmmmmmm ...... When I first arrived on this site there was a lot of pressure put upon me to fill out my bio..... so I did..... ( There is a little hint at the side of every post that sorta gives away the members location and seeing as I don't drive across to cumbria to post it's a safe bet that my location is where I am posting from) so I'd say that the problem was happening to me in Yorkshire (that is in the uk by the way..... thought I'd save you the bother of asking more stupid questions)

Browser and os...... let's see.... hmmmmmmm....... well it runs shit on my google chrome browser on my old laptop running windows 7 I think (and before you blame my hardware or software I don't have problems with any other sites on this setup) and it runs shit on my workshop computer which is a tower running windows10 and mozilla firefox (again no problems with other sites unless this site is open and causing problems with the browser)

As for right clicking error pages and taking screenshots I'm not a computer geek.... There were no error messages when clicking on page 2 of the japanese speedway thread, it just kept bouncing me back to the start of page one. As for it being a random and intermittent fault, welcome to the world of random intermittent faults. If you can't find and fix them then maybe you should consider an easier job like typist or data input where you don't need a brain to get the job done.

So...... pwalo walks into the doc's office after having made an appointment for a broken leg.

doc says hello, what is your name? where do you come from? (both on his notes but he didn't bother to look)

Doc then says what is the problem????

Pwalo says "I have a broken leg, like I said when I booked the appointment"

doc says "did you do it on the slide, the roundabout, or the swings"

Pwalo says "the slide"

Doc says "well you'll have to take an x-ray of that leg and send it to me to look at and until you actually DO that, we have very little to go on to try and track the issue down....."

I come to this site for light entertainment and to share with like minds..... NOT to provide I.T. support

Question....... How much revenue does this site generate?

·
Registered
149 Posts
So...... pwalo barges into the doc's office without having made an appointment yelling about a hurting leg.

doc says hello, what seems to be the problem? How did you get hurt? (normally on his notes, but Pwalo hasn't provided him any.)

Doc then asks for some basic information, but Pwalo won't stop yelling at him!!!!

Pwalo says "I think I have a broken leg, like I said when I was yelling at you from the parking lot!"

doc says "ok, we need a little information before we take you back for an x-ray"

Pwalo says "no, I'm not the medical geek, you are!"

Doc says "well you'll have to give me a little information and consent before I can take an x-ray of that leg. Until you actually DO that, we have very little to go on to try and track the issue down....."

Doc can't see a bone sticking out of pwalo's leg, just a small bump. Doc suspects Pwalo's ankle is sprained, and could be fixed with a cold compress and a little rest.

I come to this site for light entertainment and to share with like minds..... NOT to provide I.T. support

Question....... How much revenue does this site generate?
There. Fixed your little diatribe for you. And hey, Pwalo, you're not the one providing IT support. WERA is. He's just asking for a little background.

If I had to guess at revenue generation, I'd say it probably creates enough to pay the hosting bill and make it worth the admin's time. I highly doubt anyone is paying the mortgage on their Swiss vacation home off the profits of caferacer.net.

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, fuck it..... the site is fine, just me shouting from the car park.......

Just stick a load of advert stickers on it...... that'll fix it.........

With 2 supporting vendors and people like ford getting sticky adverts and questionnaires in the forum, this place generates more advertising revenue than you think.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts