Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
very very nice! can you make the front number plate more aerodynamic? looks like it might eat a couple .001's at the track. Maybe not, what do i know. Good looking bike though, well thought out and nice craftsmanship.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Its a little bit shorter(4.5"....instead of the 5" for stock)....had to trim the grip down a bit. Still fits the hand perfect.

Overall its a nice throttle....esp for that price!!!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
i guess i dont know much of anything about welding, casting, metal fabrication, or the structural needs thereof, but i am wondering why you have so mush bracing. it seems like a lot of extra metal.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
i guess i dont know much of anything about welding, casting, metal fabrication, or the structural needs thereof, but i am wondering why you have so mush bracing. it seems like a lot of extra metal.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
quote:Originally posted by spacmanspif300

These stock stamped frame and swingarms flex. How much is open for discussion....and has been debated for years.....but they do flex. When I was runnig a CB175 in the 200gp class with AHRMA....the CB175 flexed alot.....and left the inside of the frame between the upper shock mounts with alot tire marks. As a rider...you can feel it...but in a way you just kind of adapt to it. Is it killing some laps times....probadly....but I just got used to in on the stock CB175. Also....running these Dunlop race tires...probadly doesnt help. These tires are awesome and probadly just as nice as some slicks i've run in supermoto....they stick. There was no way that stock CB175 could out ride those tires....they are that good.

As for this race bike(CB350)....since I was building it from scratch...figured i'd brace it according to where I thought it would count. In a way its a give and take.....may get more corner speed..at the price of top end. But for me...i'd rather have some extra speed in the corners. Hell.....if I were to diet...I might be able to get that top end back......Na.....that aint gonna happen!!!:D:D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
quote:Originally posted by spacmanspif300

These stock stamped frame and swingarms flex. How much is open for discussion....and has been debated for years.....but they do flex. When I was runnig a CB175 in the 200gp class with AHRMA....the CB175 flexed alot.....and left the inside of the frame between the upper shock mounts with alot tire marks. As a rider...you can feel it...but in a way you just kind of adapt to it. Is it killing some laps times....probadly....but I just got used to in on the stock CB175. Also....running these Dunlop race tires...probadly doesnt help. These tires are awesome and probadly just as nice as some slicks i've run in supermoto....they stick. There was no way that stock CB175 could out ride those tires....they are that good.

As for this race bike(CB350)....since I was building it from scratch...figured i'd brace it according to where I thought it would count. In a way its a give and take.....may get more corner speed..at the price of top end. But for me...i'd rather have some extra speed in the corners. Hell.....if I were to diet...I might be able to get that top end back......Na.....that aint gonna happen!!!:D:D

·
Registered
720 Posts
Weight has very little to do with top speed. The swingarm bracing will help, but I would have used larger diameter tubing vs smaller solid rod. Part of that flex is in the wheels, part is in the swingarm, and part in the frame. Some of the other bracing is good, but some will be of limited help. I like how it's coming though.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Weight has very little to do with top speed. The swingarm bracing will help, but I would have used larger diameter tubing vs smaller solid rod. Part of that flex is in the wheels, part is in the swingarm, and part in the frame. Some of the other bracing is good, but some will be of limited help. I like how it's coming though.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
weight affects acceleration. Not top speed. Take a look at the salt flat guys. Weight doesn't bother them. A lot add weight to get the traction they need.

The weight you're adding will affect how fast you can accelerate out of a corner. But how fast you can carry speed through the corner will affect how fast you're going to go to the next corner.

Craig

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
weight affects acceleration. Not top speed. Take a look at the salt flat guys. Weight doesn't bother them. A lot add weight to get the traction they need.

The weight you're adding will affect how fast you can accelerate out of a corner. But how fast you can carry speed through the corner will affect how fast you're going to go to the next corner.

Craig

21 - 40 of 89 Posts