Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so....whos got the best prices for oem parts online?

ive pretty much always used sloans in tennessee.

for shit like cable adjusters and gaskets and weird stuff.

jc

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Joe...if you mean vintage OEM Honda parts....I've found David Silver to be more reasonable than most of the places in the US even after shipping over the ocean.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i was looking for a place that doesnt have just things like seats, and pipes. you know, stuff you destroy. levers. shifters. gaskets. seals.

later
j

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Joe,
Have you ever downloaded Silver's part number/price list....the one with thousands and thousands of odd ball vintage OEM parts?
It's always changing and I've found some really almost unobtainable parts in it for very reasonable prices.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ill have to go look. i have looked at alot of shit on that site. i dont like them because i have emailed them on occasion about parts and never gotten anything back. which is a little on the annoying side. on the other hand, they have shit no one else has. i always refer people to them.

jc

·
Registered
569 Posts
try http://servicehonda.com/test/index.htm

you can do a remote login to their parts system, they explain how on the website...then you can look at pretty much any microfiche and see if the part is available and order it..

dch

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Yeah...Terry at western hills has been very helpful... he even tolerates a newbie like me, so i bet he'd like talking to folks who have some knowledge....

Yeller'
---
Ask not what the wanker can do for you, but what you can do for your wanker!

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i use the service honda microfisch. theyre ordering system sucks though. they do show the cheapest prices of anyplace ive found.

jc

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
The great thing about Western is if they don't have something (like a '64 dream stator) they will happily give you the number of someone who does. THOSE are the real good contacts, people you would NEVER find on the websternet or even a phonebook! Just make sure you have your part #'s correct!

For me last years sleeper swap meet score was a microfische reader with fisches for every japanese brand all models 60's up to 85? This thing has saved my ass a zillion times.

BORN TO LURK, FORCED TO WORK.
www.NYCvinMoto.com
www.VinMoto.org

1 - 12 of 12 Posts