Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am always amazed at how many small companies and fabricators cross over between the two. Some amazing work to drool over. Here are a few prime examples:

DKG:
trials bicycle-

TZ750-

tt500-

harley 750-

CURTIS:
(split off, it's complicate but...)
mtb-

tz350-

BIANCHI:
500gp-

cross bike-

BUELL:
rw750-

schwinn paramount-

BRIDGESTONE:
250rr-

track-

there are TONS more without photos like Wojcik in the north east. I'm excluding companies like Triumph, BSA, Sachs that did massive MASS production...Then there is the components manufacturers and one-off parts. Cool stuff.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Catboy has a Triumph bicycle in his basement. One of these days we're going to motorize it.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Anybody remember about 5-6 years ago when two or three semi's showed up at Mid Ohio liquidating some of Cannondale's MX division? They used nothing but top of the line components for their motocross bikes and these liquidators had palletized bins full of nice stuff for cheap. It was like a feeding frenzy....

·
Registered
108 Posts
From what I understand,a German bicycle manufacturer moved his Triumph bicycle company to GB and transitioned over to motorcycles. There was an article w/details in Motorcylist Classic a month or so ago. I guess it's a pretty natural progression.

·
Registered
965 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Bret

Paul Brodie originally started and then sold off Brodie Bicycles. www.brodiebikes.com
Paul's history and list of other projects since then are here. www.flashbackfab.com
His Excelsior boardtracker project is jaw dropping. A truly humble guy with amazing skills.
BUMP because this topic is awesome and because everyone should bookmark Paul Brodie's website www.flashbackfab.com and spend hours reading about all the cool stuff he does.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts