1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...all the time:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/mcy/784688324.html
quote:
Beautiful Classic 1978 Honda CB750F - nearly everything in good condition and original, cafe style bars added, side covers uncracked - perfect in nearly every way, except ...the camshaft appears to have broken. I'm sure even a novice could fix this with a screwdriver, but I don't have a screwdriver nor the time. So, for $500 or the best offer, you could be the proud owner of a beautiful vintage bike that will only go about 30 mph until the sheared in half camshaft is replaced. Pick it up and drive it home at 30mph and snarl at all the lame-ass vespa drivers on your hot midnight blue cafe racer, but don't snarl too much, they can go faster than you.
All offers considered! Drop me an email!
$500 for a titled chassis is not bad though so long as everything else works.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
too bad it's impossible to email a stink palm to this tool...

and they managed to drop "cafe" twice. although, $500 '78F parts bike isn't to unattractive a proposition by itself.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Hmm...i think that 30mph with a broken cam isn't to bad. you could keep up with a spree motorcade!

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish a broken cam in a cb750 was a rare thing but this actually happens more often than you would like to know. Usually something happens to deprive part or whole of the head of oil at which point the bearing begins to seize and either the camchain snaps or the cam snaps itself when the bearing finally seizes. either way that motor has some problems and remember 77-78 bottom ends can only take 77-78 heads.

of course a busted coil will cause you to loose two cylinders, but they will be either 1&4 or 2&3.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
wonder if he would consider soaking his head.

give me a break.

tex

1 - 7 of 7 Posts