Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for an oil filter kit for my wife's 1968 cb350. All the filters/kits I find are for the 72-77 models. Does anyone know where to find a kit for the older cb350's? Will the 72-77 model kits work? We specifically need the o-rings. Sorry if this is a dumb question but hey, I'm a yamaha guy. Any help/feedback is appreciated.

Joe

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I know nothing to answer your question other than this

orings can usually be had in any and all sizes from a local bearing/seal/hose place

and if not

any number of places like MSC Direct can have them to you the next day if you order before 2pm

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
alot of the honda rings are honda only. like the steering stem bearings.

sorry, wish i knew the answer, i think they will cross over, but im not 100%.

jc

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
What are you trying to accomplish? For the most part the stock oil "filter" on the cb350 seems to work fairly well. I've seen a few racers that have plumbed a normal spin on oil filter to a cb350 but I don't know of any bolt on kit.

Or in addition to MSC, McMaster will have almost any o-ring you can measure up, in metric sizes as well.
www.mcmaster.com

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We aren't doing anything fancy. Just changing the oil but she wanted to be thorough and replace the filter and o-rings while she's doing it. I found this kit but it says it is specifically for the 72-77 models.

I suggested using a "generic" o-ring but she would prefer the honda because well she's like that. Thanks for all the help.

Joe

·
Registered
204 Posts
Uh, I'm just assuming that the particular kit pictured is from a 72-77 cb350f four cyl, not from an earlier 68 cb350k. I've given my 70 cb and 72 cl twins a good dis-assembling and have determined that the oil filtration system consists of the centrifugal oil "separator" and filter screen on the bottom of the oil pump contained in the left hand crankcase cover. There is a 45mm o- ring in the "seperator" assembly that could be found through your friendly neighborhood honda dealer, but as far as that paper cartridge, you may have quite a time getting that installed on your 68 cb350. I'm gonna wait right here for someone to kindly correct me.......

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
yep, thats for the 350/4. the one in the pic. the one on the twin only has a slinger under the right side cover. there are 2 orings. one under the actual cover. and one that goes i the slinger itself. if you pull the slinger cover, you will need a new clip to hold the cover on. do not reuse the old one.

i have seen paper filter retrofits, but i dont think thats what your looking for.

here are the honda part mubers

oil filter cover oring
91355-415-000

filter oring
91309-286-000

circlip
906040292-000

jc

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool, thank you all for the help. If you come through Columbus I'll buy you a beer.

Joe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts