Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been quietly working away on my cb350 this morning, and have come up with a question that only the infinite wisdom of this board can answer. After I set my tensioner/valves/points, I buttoned up the side covers and put some oil in the beast. I then loosened up the bolt on the cam cover and turned the motor over, expecting a tidal wave of oil to seep out of the fore mentioned bolt. Instead, there was nothing. I noticed that my book says to check it with the bike running, but it sure seems like I should have some pressure just cranking it with the starter. I even poured a little bit of oil into the bolt hole in an attempt to prime it somewhat, but it's a no-go. I lubed the top end when I assembled the motor, but some oil circulation before I fire it up would make me feel a whole lot better. Help?

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
When my bike is running oil comes out of this bolt hole. Not a lot but enough to let you know that the oil is flowing to the top of the engine. You're not going to see a tidal wave just by turning the motor over. Relax and fire it up.

Craig

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Craig is right.
Ken

·
Registered
92 Posts
another way is to undo one of the tipit covers and hold your hand over the hole. if your had is oily, there's pressure. or if your engine is not in the bike, take the top cover off, turn it over with a drill and check to see if oil comes out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts