Cafe Racer Forum banner

ok, cold car question

4K views 39 replies 13 participants last post by  joe c 
Joe,
You're on the right track with a light weight oil. I've been using 5w30 in the winter up here (Vermont) and that seems to do it (and you can safely run that till about April or 80Deg.F). I don't know about the Saturn's fuel injection system, I'll assume it's port injection, which is a little different from what I'm used to with Volvos, but on really cold starts, the best bet is to let it crank the first attempt for a long long time. Like close to a minute if necc. and after about 20 to 30 seconds you can give it about a 1/4 throttle, which really is just opening the intake enough to prevent the engine from flooding. A fresh set of plugs isn't a bad idea unless you've had them replaced within 30K miles.
If you're gonna be up at Jay for a while, I'd take a couple runs with you, last one down buys the first round.

FR

tt, You're on, 'cept it'd probly have to be a soda, 'cause I'll probly be driving back to Ver-freakin-mont when I'm done picking up the cash and trophies. Last year I didn't make the transfer, but that's 'cause I had to start on the second row. If they try that again it'll be asses and elbows into T1.
Know any cheap motels in the area?

FR

We'll be on a Motardish YZ125, I think I signed up as #19. My son will be riding 125&250 am, I'll be in 600 am and the 40 class, as I'm 40 even though my leathers say I'm 39. I was once. No biggie on the motel thing, I'll probly do expedia when the time comes.
Speed out.

FR

Joe,
I've got MLK day off. I propose we meet at Jay, your choice where/when and shred till the cocktail lounge opens...
I promise to be civil around your GF.

FR

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.