Cafe Racer Forum banner

ok, cold car question

4K views 39 replies 13 participants last post by  joe c 
Look around the junkyards for a block heater off a chevy, Ford, or Jeep. Measure the freeze plugs of the saturn since some actually go in the freeze plug hole.

Also go to home depot and get some water pipe insulation the size of your fuel line or som einsulating tape. Wrap that around the fuel line and that should help with the fuel problems.

Also change to a hotter range of plugs might help warm up faster.

quote:
it only happens up there. never have a problem down here. at bretton weve had problems with it running bad on warm up and no power steering initially. lite weight oil, and i'll just keep an eye on it. i know my bonneville in boston used to be a bitch to start on really cold mornings. alot of pushing up and down the hill in the paring lot to get it going. and i know turnbull has told me stories of warming his beemer with a blanket and hairdryer.

thanks anyway.

me
it would be piece of mind to change all the fluids. Power steering fluid tends to attract water (as does brake fluid - total blanking on the term for this) and if you have some in the system and it froze you won't have any power steering till it warms up. The posi rear had the same problem (gear oil also attracts water). Just flush all the systems real good and put some heavy duty deap freeze anti freeze in the radiator and run a lighter oil (prefferably a synthetic).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.