Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do i get this shit off? serious answers only please. and no, its not my windshield.

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i guess it should have said, its on a windshield, not mine.

jd

·
Registered
201 Posts
as long as it is just glass your average thinners from home depot, or the local paint store won't hurt the glass.. I've cleaned cars with laquer thinner, vm&p naptha, mineral spirits, paint thinner. they will cut through the rain-x. I would use the naptha.. it's safe try it first.. if there is any coating it will take it off. the laquer thinner at home depot will not hurt your paint or glass but don't use virgin thinner from oreilly that is different, and you can cause probs

none of the above should be aplied to the penis.. well not your own anyway. however a friend of mine sat in laquer thinner once... it was bad

carpe diem.... seize the carp

Edited by - SUZUKISAM on Oct 25 2007 10:17:58 PM

Edited by - SUZUKISAM on Oct 25 2007 10:19:12 PM

·
Registered
266 Posts
Use any product that will remove wax residue. An auto detailer should be able to hook you up with a small amount. I have used a 3M product with pretty good sucess

Hey someone pas me the wrench........ Ahh screw it where is the torch

·
Registered
201 Posts
the 3M greese and wax remover is dx320 or 330.. but your still just buying a solvent based product.. I'm a professional painter by trade trust me when I say the same stuff goes into all those cans, unless you are buying them for a very specific purpose. they all have a quality that the other doesn't and when working with laquers, oils, epoxies,shellac..ect thats important to know. when removing oils,wax,adhesive..ect... just grab a can they all do it... I'm telling ya go to sherwin williams or home depot or lowes, whatever you got there, and get naptha or laquer thinner. or go to oreilly's and get grease and wax remover, duplicolor makes one.. however it sucks it would work for what your doing.. even goof off from wal-mart will do it.. (I hate wal-mart)

·
Registered
201 Posts
it's good stuff got a gallon in my paint cabinet.. I just hate to see someone spend that much money to remove residue from a windshield..

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
not all laq thinner is the same. a buddy got a gallon of home depot brand and it wasn't clear...but yellow. i'm assuming no one peed in the can and the color shouldn't matter, but it didn't have the "balls" that other laq. thinners usually have. back when i painted/finished furniture (with nitro-cellulose laquere) there were differences between brands which effected drying rates and surfacing qualities, but stripping rain-ex should work even with home depot urine base thinner. and keep all solvents off your joy stick. it shouldn't need to be cleaned that thouroughly.
-parks

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hoome depot sells what they call medium and fast drying. the medium smells weird, and is yellow.

bon ami works.

jc

·
Registered
201 Posts
yeah Home depot sucks balls in general. if your serious about much you don't buy there.. but unfortunately it's the same as wal-mart you can get what you need in one trip if you can stand the idiots working there and the welfare foodstamp dirtbags shoping and screaming at their thirteen kids and babies daddy!!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
bone ami might scratch your windshield....and i would suspect definetely uncomfortable on your johnson bar as well.
-parks

·
Registered
201 Posts
yeah your standard grease and wax remover or vm&p naptha is harmless and won't hurt anything.. cept your bits and pieces..

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
rubbing alchohol will get that stuff off.I used it on british cars because that rainy,, damp country. Knows nothing about windsheild wipers or defrosters (just dont understand how they never got that right when its really all they had to do)
its mixes with road oils and yellows till you cant see thru it when the sun shines....

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts