Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im gettin scammed. so....anyone know how to have some fun with this? maybe make me/us some beer money for the track? or tire moneys for nhf? lets hear it! seems like ive got him on the hook.

oh, i should ad, the condition and price were listed in the ad.

jc

On 2/18/07, george budos <[email protected]> wrote:

hi geroge , the price is Ok by me , i will issued you a US bank certified check which is more confidential acceptable and easy cash , dont worry about the shipment i have my own locall shipping agent that ship for me locally they will come for the pick up at your place after you got the check cleared and you got the cash at hand .
all i need fromy ou now is you name awhich the check is to be issued on and your address where the payment should be sent to,
please get back to me asap
thanks

joe <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi George. Condition is as stated. Pretty good condition. No big gouges in the table. Motor works smooth. Fence is accurate. $500 cash or paypal me. As the ad says, you pick up from my shop. Or, Id deliver it if youre in my usual path of travel around Baltimore. I live in Towson, so anyplace that would be between say Highlandtown, where my shop is, and Towson, I could probably work with you. Or on the east side of Baltimore. If things seem to go pretty smoothly, Id actually consider going other places around town.

I bought this saw new about 5 years ago and it has done nothing but treat me well Its a great little saw. I did find the guard and splitter.

joe

On 2/17/07, george budos <[email protected]> wrote:

Dear sir/ma
i came across your item named above and i am very much interested inbuying it i will like to know the terms and conditions attached to the buying of this item including the condition and the final price.
please kindly get back to me asap
thanks
George

Edited by - joe c on Feb 18 2007 12:18:51 PM

Edited by - joe c on Feb 22 2007 12:25:33 AM

·
Registered
504 Posts
quote:
read the last one first. im gettin scammed. so....anyone know how to have some fun with this? maybe make me/us some beer money for the track? or tire moneys for nhf? lets hear it! seems like ive got him on the hook.

oh, i should ad, the condition and price were listed in the ad.

jc
Joe,
Tell them to send the pick up guys with cash in small bills that aren't worth counterfitting.
I have 5 $1000 bank checks that were issued by a bank in MN. The guy wanted to buy my Triumph and have me send $2000 to someone in England that he owed money to. He overnight FedEx'ed the checks to me so at least it cost him a few bucks before I told him to get lost. If Everyone did this the scams would go away.

FC

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Frank,
Very cool, you should do up a web site and post those checks and your methods....you are right, if everyone followed through with them, making them to a little work, it wouldn't be profitable for them any more. A few bucks x 1000's for a guy running a room full of scammers at computers in Nigeria is a lot of money. Probably millions of "their" dollars.

Joe,
I'd agree to everything...have him send the check...then when you get it, email him back and say thanks for the money....but he can't have the saw and you are keeping the "money"
Or...after he sends the check...tell him you changed your mind and you want $500 more, hehe.

JohnnyB

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
joe,

tell him you owe your friend in philly some money and have him send me a check too. i wonder if they will accept a third party out of state check at settlement?

texy

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tex, whats your address?

lets see what i get.

Hi george. As stated, I would prefer cash. You are more than welcome to have your delivery guys bring the $$ with them. Or, you can Fed-Ex a check to my business address where the tool is located. Also, we have a shipping company located here in the complex. Which shipping company do you use? I can almost guarentee my guys will do it cheaper since I use them on a regular basis. If you would prefer, if you give me your shipping address I can have the saw sent via them. funny that we have the same name.

jcwoodworks
140 n kresson street
baltimore, md 21224

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
joe,

5106 erdrick street
philadelphia, pa 19124

make it payable to: tex mawby

thanks a million,

tex

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ill see if i can get him to send you something.

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
george budos
to me

7:08 am (1 hour ago)
hi joe , Thanks for the mail, well i have no discripancy about the saw shipping , all i am looking for right now is the cheapest price and i have been working with this local shipping agent for about 4 yrs now , i will like you to find out how much it will cost cost me with your men to get them down to texas houston , the check will be mail out from my office today via fedex second day delievery , get back to me asap
thanks
george

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lets see if he figures it out. texy, cue, youre on!

jc

george, sorry for not getting back to you quicker. at my advanced age, its getting tougher and tougher to get around in the ice and snow. (62 years old as of this month!) so today was a bit of a long one. i have checked with my shipping guy and he says you should contact him. he says he has a truck leaving for the houston area within the next week, and as a favor to me, will ship the saw at a very discounted price for you. he will be able to take care of everything for you. i have forwarded the situation to him and he knows what is going on. i have also forwarded your email information to him. (he knows the weight of the machine, size and basic needs.) you will just need to get him final details and work out everything.

his contact business contact information is
[email protected]

he is the owner of the trucking company here in the building complex and a good honest person.

also, i have another machine for sale if you are interested. it is a large wood planer. if you are interested, i can get you photos. it is a rather nice machine.

also, if you dont mind my asking, are you a woodworker by trade? just curious.

thanks
joe

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm on the edge of my seat, I can't wait to see what happenes

22/m
1980 Honda CB750
1972 Oldsmobile 442

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
and my reply:

george,

my name is tex mawby and i am the owner of big texas trucking. joe george of jcwoodworking has contacted me to quote you on shipping a tablesaw to houston, texas from baltimore, md. on 2/23/07. the total cost of freight will be $61.61 as i have a rendering truck leaving the baltimore shipyards at high noon on friday, stopping in akron, anchorage, and alababama via houston, tejas. plase expidite funds of $61.61 USD (overnight) payable to:

tex mawby trucking
5106 erdrick street
philadelphia, pa 19124

i can only accept a bank check in the full amount before i accept any cargo. please respond quickly as the rendering truck fills up rather quickly.

muchas gracias, amigo!

tex mawby

·
Registered
108 Posts
for a while i had a three thousand dollar check hung on my wall that was sent in "exchange" for my broken down cl350. the woman who sent it to me was named 'sara.'
why sara and george? why not have foreign names? they obviously don't speak english as a first language wouldn't it lend them some leeway if they names we couldn't pronounce?

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
anyone else want in???

tex, thats hilarious! now i guess we need to find something to send him. i hope you can get a shipping address of some kind. if you do, you should post it here. we can just bomb it with whatever. here is his reply to me this morning. sounds like he might be on to us.

george budos
to me

5:08 am (3 hours ago)
Thanks very much for you concern ,
i got a mail from him this morning and i will try and se what comes up with the shipping
once again thanks

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
and his reply:

Thanks for the mail,
i will compare the price with my own shipping agent and see the one that i will prefer , i will surely get back to you
thanks
george

i hope he hurries! the truck is filling fast with all the animal parts and manure.

tex

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
came home for lunch today to find a ups red label envelope at the door.

opened it and found a check for $1000.00USD inside.

man, did i rip that guy off. the bill was only for $61.61. that's an extra profit of $938.39!

woo-hoo, looks like texy can afford that bathroom remodel after all.

tex

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
opened my email to find this message.....

"Dear Tex,
i just got a confirmation that you have received the check sent to you by me ,i know you must be wondering why the overpayment . i actually thought you`ll be shipping other goods for me from some other sellers apart from your friend who introduced you to me , but i already stopped the transaction i had with others, so it wount be necessary for you to bother shipping more for me
please as soon as you cashed the check kindly help me send the excess fund to a Motherless baby home, donation Account. you can get the money sent by bank transfer.
so do let me know when the money has been cashed so i can give you their account information.
i hope to read from you soon.
thanks"
George

isn't this the most generous nigerian you have ever heard? i want to adopt him, becasuse he is definately a mother#@*%#^!

-texy

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Hehe...cool. They must be rich over there in Nigeria.
I'm building a motherless baby home in my backyard...send me some cash bro.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok, my turn...havent opened my email yet.

but this is what i found when i walked into the shop this morning.

oh yeah, one name n the return address. one name on the check account, and different signature.

ill be sure to post mail here.

and oh, by the way, tex and i are both in touch with the banks the checks are drawn on. and they are both real checks. i could have deposited this check, and the account number and guys name are real. hence the smudge. these guys are real shit bags.

joe

1 - 20 of 195 Posts