Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we won a wii in an office contest. brand new. what the fuck is this thing? last video game i bought was a playsation, like 6 years ago. is it worth keeping? are the games any good?

help me.

im not a big game person. unless its a racing game. so, any suggestions?

and those band games all look dumb. not interested at all.

jc

·
Registered
22 Posts
It has its pluses and minuses. It's WAY more interactive than the other systems but lacks in "realistic" type graphics from the games that I've played. I also find the games to be a bit less challenging. Keep in mind that I'm no expert in any of the systems and haven't even played PS3, but compare the game style to PS2. There are a lot of fun things about the wii though

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
were floang the idea of selling it. i just thought maybe if it was worth keeping for the fun aspect, i could make and argument to. sounds like a no though.

jc

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I don't have anything like that but my co-worker has one. Bought it for his son and has been raving about it. Supposed to be a lot of fun since you have to flail about to play it. As he said it is the only video game you play and work up a sweat. Racing and shooting games should be good. bust er open and give it a try. motoGP08?

·
Registered
699 Posts
oh man, they are sooooo fun! keep that thing! host a house party and set up wii bowling...everybody will have a good time!!!

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
The sitter has one, and my kids love the bowling too. It was all I heard about for the first week she had it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The included game, "Wii Sports" is really fun. Especially Bowling, Tennis and Golf. Beyond that the games arent that impressive. The only racing games that are decent are Excite Truck and Mario Kart. Overall, the kids love it. Most adults only like the included sports game. They are still hard to find in the stores and can be sold for a premium on ebay. Here is a current listing. http://cgi.ebay.com/1-NEW-NINTENDO-...264125473QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item180264125473

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
My kids (19 and 22) love it, but they are video game addicts any way. I did the baseball game once and it was fun

I gave my wife the "wii fit" game for her birthday, and she likes to use it--an exercize game like step arobics. Its is really funny seeing her do the hula hoop......

If you have kids, keep it. Personally I would sell it though.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'd hold onto the Wii for a bit and see if you like it. They have a couple pretty cool games out like House of the Dead and Legend of Zelda and a few others that are fun. The house of the dead is awesome cuz its like having the arcade system with a gun and all.

If you don't like it you can sell it later. Apparently is still hard to get the Wii in some places, so the demand for them is still pretty high.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
yeah, play lots of wii and give me my xr already, please.

so ya know what sucks, beers being equal for 1am, is that last week i was at the races, this week i just planted trees.

xot

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
quote:Originally posted by ttilghman

yeah, play lots of wii and give me my xr already, please.

so ya know what sucks, beers being equal for 1am, is that last week i was at the races, this week i just planted trees.

xot
So your carbon footprint hasn't changed a bit. How many trees does it take to offset the carbon of a bunch of folks having a great time racing old bikes around a track all day?

·
Registered
73 Posts
buy Mariokart wii!!! totally fun racing game :) need for speed is also a good one, a little ricer-ific but you know us kids these days...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts