Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having been a rider/enthusiast for more than 40 years, Thought I would join in cause I found a great thread via google about the handling of this particular model. Wow, thought perhaps a carb clean and some regular maintenance would get the girl back in the hustle. How wrong I found out I was. Looking to convert to a street fighter cause I do love the fenders *(hates sand, dirt, rain all over my front and mostly my back while riding) so thought I would look around and see what I could find. The FIRST READ article was very informative and funny too. Good advice, which most often folks choose to ignore FREE advice mostly I think cause they like paying for information maybe? I dunno. Anyway just a short introduction to say hi.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Welcome. And thanks for reading the “read first” thread.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Welcome! I have a 1980 CB750C and since I'm getting older, it's my go to bike. It's like having a old Buick, It keeps up with traffic, looks ok, is very comfortable to ride, and seldom gives me problems. I have it switched over to spoked rims and single exhaust,( old pipes were thrashed) and it's got over 90,000 miles on it. It's very close to the 750F, if you changed the tank, wheels and seat & fenders you could fool most people? maybe up grade the front forks and brakes? Personally, I have other cafe bikes so I leave this one alone, it's nice to have a reliable one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts