Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm Rodney. Still riding the same BSA'S I
bought when I got out of the Army in 1973. One is a 1969 BSA Rocket 3 and the other is a Trackmaster Framed Big Bore and Stroked A65 twin. I also just finished a triple disc brake and Mono Shock rear BSA Firebird Cafe 650. I do have a modern 2004 BMW R1100S

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
The tracker and the rocket are an interesting pair of bikes. Are they factory original or have they been modified post production?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tracker and the rocket are an interesting pair of bikes. Are they factory original or have they been modified post production?
The Trackmaster was an after market Chrome Moly frame built for 1/2 mile and mile racing in the 60's and 70's. It carries the lube oil in the backbone of the frame since the BSA is a dry sump engine. This particular Trackmaster was built for Wayne Hosaka in 1971. It has Betor Front forks, and I have added a 21" front wheel and use is more or less as a Dual Sport. The BSA Rocket 3 I Purchased as a basket case in 1973 with a broken rod. The rear frame loop had been cut off and converted to ridged with 12" fork lug extensions with a coffin tank and banana seat. Some San Diego Navy guys idea of a chopper. I rebuilt the engine, fixed the frame and added Ceriani forks a decent large tank and a Seley seat. With rear set pegs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts