Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine is organizing a vintage dual sport (back in the day we called them enduros) event, and out of all the stuff I have there is no bike to ride -though parts of the last giro needed one and the ol CA160 did fine.

Don't much care about looks. Must run good and be road legal. I am thinking a Hodaka 100, Yamaha DT, nearly anything from the 60's, 70's. Not much of a budget for it either. Within 5 hours of the middle of NY state.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Hmmm, pics please! What color is it. Childhood memories can get expensive...

FR

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Hey Jack,

How about some more details on the vintage ride? When is it and where is it? I'm interested. How old does the bike have to be? And once you guys find Jack a bike find me one too.

Craig

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will find out details, if any are ready, tonight. Bob, I will keep the bike in mind, but what is an AT (automatic transmission??) I had a DT 250 that I smashed my leg on in '75. Do you have paperwork for it (very important for a bike to newer than '73 here in NY)?

Craig, there already is another vintage dual sport ride down in Woodstock, I think the begining of Sept or Oct. It is sponsored by Allyn Air (allynair.com) He has the 50 mile dual sport ride on Sat, and then a vintage road ride on Sunday. I did the Sunday ride on my CB360. They move too fast for my 160's. It was alot of fun with great bikes, even though we got soaked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts