Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
Totally! is it still stovebolt powered or has someone dropped the ubiquitious 350/350 combo in it already.

if it were me I would put the stock chrome bumper back on it, paint it burgundy, put a set of truck steelies on with some goodyear blue streaks, install a set of in car cutouts, and go terrorize the locals. I have always loved the 51-53 chevy design, can't really explain it, they just look cool, with the advent of aluminum block chevy v-8s it is possible to have a really light, classic, reliable daily driver.

here's the real question though: are you gonna install a second tank to hold all that mountain dew?

(for the kiddies out there: before it was a nuclear piss yellow energy kick in a can, mountain dew was just one of the 100s of slang words for shine. you may now return to your playboxes or x-stations or whatever the hell else you kids do today).

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
Totally! is it still stovebolt powered or has someone dropped the ubiquitious 350/350 combo in it already.

if it were me I would put the stock chrome bumper back on it, paint it burgundy, put a set of truck steelies on with some goodyear blue streaks, install a set of in car cutouts, and go terrorize the locals. I have always loved the 51-53 chevy design, can't really explain it, they just look cool, with the advent of aluminum block chevy v-8s it is possible to have a really light, classic, reliable daily driver.

here's the real question though: are you gonna install a second tank to hold all that mountain dew?

(for the kiddies out there: before it was a nuclear piss yellow energy kick in a can, mountain dew was just one of the 100s of slang words for shine. you may now return to your playboxes or x-stations or whatever the hell else you kids do today).

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Subframed perfectly with all the good stuff.

Jam on the brakes at 125 and it stops very straight with no hands.

Bumpers are stock but smoothed and flipped.

Already set up to haul several many gallons.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Subframed perfectly with all the good stuff.

Jam on the brakes at 125 and it stops very straight with no hands.

Bumpers are stock but smoothed and flipped.

Already set up to haul several many gallons.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Money won't buy it or it would already be gone.

He wants me to pluck a project jewel out of my crown.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Money won't buy it or it would already be gone.

He wants me to pluck a project jewel out of my crown.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Would be worth a jewel or two....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts