Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there just a wee bit of fun but who is the oldest person still racing?Here in Scotland we have Denis Gallagher who is entering his 52nd season of road racing.Denis races a Honda K4 on the Irish closed roads and regulary beats riders more than half his age(72 this year).The man is a pleasure to watch so smooooth.
cheers the noo Brian #88 2B'z Racing

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
We have Frank C. in our club.....it's like 90, and he's not even considered old, and he doesn't even seem old.

Seriously....we have guys in their 80's.

JohnnyB

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Mr Broon
A guy I regularly share a pit with turned 72 this year at the track. He also rides a k4 and I've never seen him nap although he is deaf as a door nail.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Thanks for that. I feel a lot younger now. I've been racing in one form or another since 1963. Not as much now as before but El Mirage and Bonneville do me fine.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
did you ever see the book el mirage impressions? If not I'll post a few pics from it. I designed it for the photographer. has a few bike pics in it too.

·
Registered
382 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Pete Casper

how old is Roper? ...he rides too fast for me ever to get a good look at him...
AHRMA's got a few 70-80s...Bob McKeever rode his last season at 85+ in '05. Royce Eaton (73) won V4 @ Jennings a couple of weeks ago.

Roper's even younger than I am...I think he just turned 60. ;)

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
RR has got to be one of the great equalizers. I'm 50, and there are guys 15 years older than me that are just plain fast. Not "old guy" fast, but just plain fast. I'm always impressed by guys that you see hobble around in the pits, and are smooth as silk on the track, and will pass you if you give them an inch too much room, or you make one mistake.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
quote:Originally posted by imslow

did you ever see the book el mirage impressions? If not I'll post a few pics from it. I designed it for the photographer. has a few bike pics in it too.
I haven't seen that one. Would love to see some pics. I did make it into a book called "Hot Rod Pinups" by David Perry.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Met a bloke a couple of years ago at the Bob Mac,his name was Les Judkins.He was well into his 70's and had recently got back from Daytona where he raced his Ducati.Found out through another forum that Les still races and is 78 years young.
cheers the noo Brian #88 2B'z Racing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts