Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
I was reading that one earlier, it was linked on another forum. He had some really cool ideas for his idiot lights and such. The rearsets seem really overkill to me however.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am with your tony on the rearsets - way too much metal involved. Pretty but way too heavy. The dunstall style which are pretty close to the ones pampadori makes were considered overkill back in the day because they were heavy, and they are 1/3 the size.

I really like his airbox solution though - uses a stock airbox, low buck, and you probably don't get the air starvation that comes with straight pods. plus it looks different.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
The air box look trick - but how is this different than the stock air box???? I would say the stock airbox would work a little better. All and All - the kid did a nice job on the bike.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it is different looking and that was the point. Most people ditch the stock airbox because they complain about how it looks and how pods look "so much cooler" (ick). For those who want different than the stocker, but don't want to fight all the jetting issues that come with pods this is not a bad alternative.

but you are probably right, the stock airbox is tits for performing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts