Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello caferacers!
My name is Lasse and i want to introduce myself to you.
I am 19 Years old and live in germany. My passion for two wheels started with 16 when i was allowed to ride my brothers Schwalbe (50ccm bike from east germany), with 18 i got my Drivers License for Motorbikes (For 2 Years im only allowed to drive bikes with max.34hp).

My Bike is a Honda CB500 from 1998. Its technically perfect (new suspension, Scottoiler etc.) - i love this bike, but i want sth. to learn engineering and work on, like a project to work for in my sparetime.
I started looking around for a bike thats not too hard to understand for beginners AND "cafe-racer-compatible". Tonight i found one on ebay, about 10km from my home. I followed the bike on its last 10mins on ebay and just made one bid and got the bike for 182€

So next to me i want to introduce you to my Honda CB 400N

Things i know:
It has a running engine, a fix front brake, a dent in one exhaust and was signed off in 2010.
Tomorrow or later I'm going to pick it up and bring it to my garage :)

Cheers
Lasse

P.S.: I hope you didn't get too confused by my schoolenglish ;)

·
Registered
745 Posts
herzlich wilkommen.

chris and i will want pics of the schwalbe.

the rest will whinge that you didn't buy a cb350.

wohin in deutschland? ich hoffe ost.

mfg, glen.

·
Registered
745 Posts
herzlich wilkommen.

chris and i will want pics of the schwalbe.

the rest will whinge that you didn't buy a cb350.

wohin in deutschland? ich hoffe ost.

mfg, glen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its not my favourite bike too, but it was cheap and is in a quiet good condition (i hope so...)
rotten CB 350's start at 500€

My two bikes:

lasse

p.s. i don't live in east germany, i live in bremen (north)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its not my favourite bike too, but it was cheap and is in a quiet good condition (i hope so...)
rotten CB 350's start at 500€

My two bikes:

lasse

p.s. i don't live in east germany, i live in bremen (north)

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
The cb400 is a good solid beginner bike and one you can learn mechanics on, but cafe compatible it is not.

It is cool you have a guliari seat for it and all but if you are looking to "build something" you couldn't have picked a worse platform. I doubt it will get much better unless you are willing to learn to weld or make your own parts. And after all the work I doubt it will be worth anything more than you paid for it.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
The cb400 is a good solid beginner bike and one you can learn mechanics on, but cafe compatible it is not.

It is cool you have a guliari seat for it and all but if you are looking to "build something" you couldn't have picked a worse platform. I doubt it will get much better unless you are willing to learn to weld or make your own parts. And after all the work I doubt it will be worth anything more than you paid for it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
how can someone say that a bike is not acfe compatible, theres a guy making a kh100 into a cafe nothings impossible! has anyone made a ner-a-car cafe?

·
Registered
108 Posts
how can someone say that a bike is not acfe compatible, theres a guy making a kh100 into a cafe nothings impossible! has anyone made a ner-a-car cafe?

·
Registered
108 Posts
sorry that was supposed to say cafe not acfe! we have that 33hp limit in england , and norway has the same thing too must be a european regulation i guess

·
Registered
108 Posts
sorry that was supposed to say cafe not acfe! we have that 33hp limit in england , and norway has the same thing too must be a european regulation i guess

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
quote:Originally posted by scubabiker

acfe compatible. has anyone made a ner-a-car cafe?
scuba,

dunno what acfe is or what a ner-a-car cafe is either? please explain.

i assume you meant cafe, right (not being a smart ass), but really want to know about ner-a-car.

tex

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
quote:Originally posted by scubabiker

acfe compatible. has anyone made a ner-a-car cafe?
scuba,

dunno what acfe is or what a ner-a-car cafe is either? please explain.

i assume you meant cafe, right (not being a smart ass), but really want to know about ner-a-car.

tex

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I'd cafe the scooter - now that would be a different...

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I'd cafe the scooter - now that would be a different...

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ner-a_Car

C'mon Tex... never heard of Ner-A-Car? Between this & the hairstyle in your race photos (not to mention your ghey relationship w/Jonas Bros & Hanson), you're losing credibility fast!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts