Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 76 CB750F frame and i want to know if these rearsets will bolt on and work. the guy wasnt sure if it will work with a rear disc. dont all F CBs have rear discs? mine does. what do you guys even think about these rearsets? got a different idea?
thanks for the help

There is the right way, the wrong way and the british way to do anything!

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
youll never know theyre there.

jc

Edited by - joe c on Jan 01 2008 9:31:39 PM

·
Registered
10,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they dont move the controls far enough back?
funny but if i sit on the bike i feel like i want the controls to be mounted a few inches in front of the pass pegs....is that too far back?

Edited by - jaguar on Jan 02 2008 06:47:39 AM

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
jag, what joe is saying is you forgot to post the link.

anyway, you've seen me and know how tall I am and the ideal rearset position for me is the passenger pegs.

all cb750Fs have rear discs, but the 77-78 use aluminum mounting plates and their frame section is a little different in that area.

·
Registered
10,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
yep those are the tarozzi rearsets for your bike. They place the pegs between the stock location and the passenger pegs. They are a lot more comfy than the raask rearsets for the same bike and actually sit lower and further back. Most importantly, they bolt on.

not sure how far back your cr750 tank moves you but that tank is long enough so that you are almost sitting in the passenger position (but not quite there). I have a set of dunstall rearsets and they were pretty ideal for me and look to mount in about the same position as the tarozzi (though I can't confirm it).

Knowing how tall you are I think it would be unconfortable if you had your rearsets in place of the passenger peg, like you would be too streached out.

·
Registered
10,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the thing thats troughing me is that the seller thought that they were only for drum rears...maybe he is just wrong...and i really cant see on the pics how it all mounts. the rear master stays put and the linkage is modified?
the CR tank moves me almost to the pass spot.

also is this a good price? or better question is this a good value for my project. will they suit the bike and my needs for the money?

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
on the 1975/76 F there is a bellcrank and an aluminum bracket on the right side of the bike that works the rear brake. If you look at the pics in the auction, there is a modified bellcrank and another different bracket that looks to replace the stock aluminum triangular cast piece. just looking at the pic in the auction the pieces are def for a disc rear setup.

as far as value? well that depends on you but raask are lesser quality and about the same money and their position is horrible compared to tarrozi.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts