Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you get rid of all those posts? Assholes.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I vote for hunting him down and killing him! Or for any FBI people who may be reading this: Finding him and giving him a stern talking to.

The best kind of justice is angry mob justice.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
It attacked when I was cleaning up some other spammers....I held him off the best I could.

Bottom line, the place needs a software upgrade. My last post before the board tanked was to suggest going hat in hand from the forum members to see if we could raise the money to buy the new software.

Hope we didn't lose everything said in the last couple of months....

·
Registered
838 Posts
Who in charge has a Paypal account we can donate to? Post a Paypal ID. I'm in.

If people do a search for the topics that were most recently being discussed, then add a "bump" post, we should be able to get the board back to where it was.

Cheers, Bret @ Glass from the Past

·
Registered
585 Posts
I thought these SNITZ~forums were freeware? I am a total amature, but personally prefer the phpBB 2 forums. But now they have phpBB 3, which hope fully going to be even better.I have a little experience maintaining and moderating phpBB 2.x forums. Like all things like this it is a little work, but with a little love I found them to be secure and solid. I don't trust these SNIZ forums as much. I think that the main reason I like the phpBB ones better is because there are a b'gillion people using them, so there is a ton of support for them out there. There are also a lot of mods and security enhancements of every conceivable variety just waiting to be installed. That helps a lot.

I am sorry about the trouble you've been having.

peace and grease
-fang

'70 Suzuki T350
Download The Fang.mp3 HERE

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:
How can a spammer think that screwing up a website is going to attract business?
he gets paid by the post, he doesn't care if it actually attracts business or not so long as people are shelling out for his post count.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
he actually posted in about 8 pages worth (out of 12 in the 30 day view) so if you click on page 8 some of the more recent posts are there.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I may not be that active and a relative noob, but I'd be willing to shell out a couple of bucks for better forum software. Lets have someone figure out how much we need to raise and go from there.

The best kind of justice is angry mob justice.

·
Registered
149 Posts
i think this can turn into something good. .I was just saying to Wiisass how i love reading this forum and the people here but the old forum style is so butt that i leave beacause its hard to navigate and use.
i would be down for a whole site revamp.. some user galleries,FAQ,etc just a refresh. i would donate for sure.. this is the first motorcycle forum i joined and the one filled with the least amount of judging assholes. Thus the only one i visit.

----------------------------
http://www.driftalliance.com

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
The dude's IP comes back with this info:
JohnnyB

Record Type: IP Address

OrgName: RIPE Network Coordination Centre
OrgID: RIPE
Address: P.O. Box 10096
City: Amsterdam
StateProv:
PostalCode: 1001EB

ReferralServer: whois://whois.ripe.net:43

NetRange: 89.0.0.0 - 89.255.255.255
CIDR: 89.0.0.0/8
NetName: 89-RIPE
NetHandle: NET-89-0-0-0-1
Parent:
NetType: Allocated to RIPE NCC
NameServer: NS-PRI.RIPE.NET
NameServer: SEC1.APNIC.NET
NameServer: SEC3.APNIC.NET
NameServer: SUNIC.SUNET.SE
NameServer: TINNIE.ARIN.NET
NameServer: NS.LACNIC.NET
Comment: These addresses have been further assigned to users in
Comment: the RIPE NCC region. Contact information can be found in
Comment: the RIPE database at http://www.ripe.net/whois
RegDate: 2005-06-30
Updated: 2005-07-22

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I would also be happy to donate a few dollars to upgrade/increase spam protection of the forum. This is too good of a place to let it fall to the wayside.

Yeller'
---
Ask not what the wanker can do for you, but what you can do for your wanker!

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Probably a bot machine then...the owner probably has no idea what's going on. Poor server security...spam depends on it for life.
JohnnyB

1 - 18 of 18 Posts